Walther Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here have any experience with the 10-8 Performance rear sight for the PPQ? I'm giving serious thought to ordering one to mount on my PPQ M1 5". It looks like the sight drifts into the same dovetail as the factory sight, but I can't tell whether a sight pusher will be needed. For those of you with experience with these sights, how was the installation process compared to say, a Meprolight or Trijicon rear sight? Is this the same height as the factory polymer sight? Any help is appreciated.

Reactions: BigDog15

·
Registered
190 Posts
I’ve installed 3 sets of them on my PPQ’s already. You’re going to need a sharpening stone to file down the sights a little to fit in the dovetail. Along with a set of calipers to measure the sights and dovetail to check when youre within spec to push them into place. The instructions cover this in detail.
Just make sure you file down the site evenly on both sides.

I used a polymer punch to install mine, but a sight pusher is a nice tool to have for the install.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve installed 3 sets of them on my PPQ’s already. You’re going to need a sharpening stone to file down the sights a little to fit in the dovetail. Along with a set of calipers to measure the sights and dovetail to check when youre within spec to push them into place. The instructions cover this in detail.
Just make sure you file down the site evenly on both sides.

I used a polymer punch to install mine, but a sight pusher is a nice tool to have for the install.
Thanks for the info. I may defer to a trained professional for this one.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts