Walther Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm, I've done my research, but can't seem to find the answer. I didn't quite like the new design of the extended magazine release on the new P99's. The older style just felt a bit better to me. Do they sell new P99's with the shorter style? Or have they gone completely to new the extended release only?

I'm sure I could live with the new style, but ehhh

·
Premium Member
4,589 Posts
I haven't seen one lately.... nor have I really looked.... but I am sure there is still some NIB 2004 P99's out there on gunbroker or other sites.
Other than that I would guess there is no more short mag release levers anymore....but then again I have not gone looking through the gun shops...

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
All the new ones seem to be sporting the longer style. I guess you'll just have to look around for a while to find one with the shorter style.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Yes, as far as I know all new P99's are with the long release (which I like better.) The frame design had to change a bit to accomodate it, so my guess is they won't be going back to the old molds.

But there are plenty of pre-05's out there if you so desire.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Go with an 05, you won't regret it. I love the extended mag release, it is so easy to operate.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts