Walther Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it me or did Walther remove the little hook that hangs off the rear of original P99? Or is it a matter of viewing angle in photo? I didnt' find this little detail in the FAQ, but the photos they show appear to be flat. I have never tried the '04 model but the '03's hook was noticable immediately to me, both visually and in handling. I'm still not sure if I like it or not, just different from all other handgun grips.

·
Registered
310 Posts
It definitely looks different...the radius of the curve on the '04 is softened. Maybe Dr Lunde and company didn't deem it significant enough to mention...or maybe it just doesn't change the ergonomics at all.

I know everybody has their bias, but I prefer the "new" look.

·
Registered
91 Posts
The hook would sometimes rub the thumb joint at the web of some shooters. That's no fun for those with arthritic hands.

·
Registered
471 Posts
In addition to the "dip" there is a more squared look to the 04 model, observed from the shooters point of view... I have both models and I can only tell the difference by looking. The feel is very subtle...
I still find both guns very natural pointing and comfortable... My trigger finger suffers some what when I shoot heavier loads, but I almost expect something like that from a gun as light as these babies...
I'm happy with mine, and have to fight the urge "to buy" every time I see one come up for sale!

·
Registered
62 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (gmchenry @ Mar. 20 2005,10:23)]The hook would sometimes rub the thumb joint at the web of some shooters.  That's no fun for those with arthritic hands.
That would be me. It's the main reason I sold my .40. Now that they've changed it, I'll try again. The pain made me shoot better - increased focus - but that's not how I wanted to get better!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts