Walther Forums banner

03 or 04 P99? - Who likes what year model p99 better?

• 2003 model P99

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2004 model P99

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been studing the looks between the 2003 and 2004 model P99's and was wondering your thoughts on them.  I am looking to buy one in .40 cal and was wonering any disadvatiges/advatiges of the 2003 model compared to the 2004.   Thank you

·
Registered
821 Posts
I actually like the looks of both, but care for the 03, or original stylings better. As far as differences, they're close to the same gun, mainly aesthetics and the new rail.

-stunks

·
Registered
130 Posts
I prefer the 2003 or older model as it looked more "German" than the newer model. The panache of the newer model is lost on me.

I don't care at all for the S&W 99 at all. I have never understood the affectation for forward finger grooves, since it encourages placing hands near the muzzle of the weapon.

·
Registered
11 Posts
The two things that are important to me are Performance and Looks.. and as much as I would try I cannot like the looks of then new model p99.. same with the sw99.. give me the 2003 all german P99 anyday

Spamdog

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I like SIG pistols in general, but I think the new P99 looks too much like one. I like the old style better.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I guess if Bond uses the new Walther, I would like it better but right now can't seem to no matter how hard I try.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I had an 03, but ended up trading it. I just purchased an 04 and I like it so far. The 03 had intermittent FTF and FTE's, the 04 has been rock solid.

ctdw

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Now that would certainly be a step up from the old Beretta .25!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just purchased a P99 and it looks like the picturers I've always seen of P99's. What are the differnces between the 03 and 04? Can someone post pictures of the two?

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Finally saw a full size 2004 remodel P99 today, and I'm impressed. Very good fit and finish. Much nicer roll markings than the last of the '03 modes which in my opinion had crummy stamped "P99" on them.

Grip to me is identical to the original, it's unfortunate that they decided (I'm sure with S&W prodding) to make the rails only compatible with the much harder to find M5 tactical light rather than the much more affordable and available M3/M6 tactical lights.

Oh well, I'll just hang on to my pre-'03 models.

James

·
Registered
10 Posts
here's a question. i'm looking at trading my 03Ti in on an 04AS... but do they come in titanium?

i wouldn't go without, i love that finish - local shops don't have the AS models yet, and earls makes no mention of anything besides all black

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
[b said:
Quote[/b] (martyr @ Nov. 29 2004,12:43)]here's a question. i'm looking at trading my 03Ti in on an 04AS... but do they come in titanium?

i wouldn't go without, i love that finish - local shops don't have the AS models yet, and earls makes no mention of anything besides all black
The Ti models are only available in the QA action at this point.

James

·
Registered
108 Posts
I like the looks of the 03 model (which I won) more. I do think it was a good idea to change the accessoy rail on the 04, though.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts