WTB: Backstraps and tools for P99 QPQ - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Want To Buy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #1

hmeric7 .22
WTB: Backstraps and tools for P99 QPQ

I recently just purchased a first gen walther p99 with the QPQ finish on the slide. Im still waiting for it to show up nut when I purchased it I wasent aware that it was an adjustable back strap gun. I simply missed this because the gun I purchased is missing two of the three straps and it is also missing the tool kit that came in the package. if anyone has any of these and would be willing to sell Id be interested in buying so I have a complete kit. I ended up picking the gun up for 319.00 shipped to my door. it does have some corrosion on the slide that im going to have to do something with. what im not sure yet.

STAINLESS Walther P99 9mm w 2 10rd mags BOX : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com

if u can help please let me know
hmeric7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-02-2014, 08:31 AM   #2

Echoplex04 .22
Whenever you get it in, strip that slide and clean it with some naval jelly and a scotch-brite pad. Just coat the whole thing and let it sit for a few minutes and go to town on it in a swirling motion. Wipe clean with a rag and coat it in a Teflon based gun oil. It should come right off like it was never there and does not affect finish. I use it to get corrosion off 304SS and it also takes off the blue heat marks from welding and cutting. Good stuff.
Old 08-03-2014, 11:32 PM   #3
Sih

Sih .22
Which size back straps do you need? It's hard to tell if it's a small or medium on the gun.

What exactly is in the first gen "toolkit"? The second gen is just a small Allen wrench for removing the front sight and/or helping with disassembly of the slide. You could buy one of those just about anywhere.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > General Interest > Want To Buy