Walther Colt 22LR Rail Gun Shooting WAY Low - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2019, 06:51 AM   #1

Stringdriver .22
Walther Colt 22LR Rail Gun Shooting WAY Low

Hi all.
As the title says, my Rail Gun is shooting "stupid-kinda low". And I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Moreover, I wonder if the rear sight of the Gold Cup Trophy can be swapped to the Rail Gun (or Government Model).

I've searched and cannot find information about other, adjustable rear-sight options for the Rail Gun or Government Models.

My experience with these two models is limited. I like the Rail Gun and I don't really understand why there's so much disdain for these models.

Any information if the rears can be swapped, if the front can be swapped (I may need to file it) or if there is a viable, adjustable rear from another vendor is much appreciated.

Thanks!

String
Stringdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-07-2019, 08:08 AM   #2

Redcat94 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringdriver View Post
I wonder if the rear sight of the Gold Cup Trophy can be swapped to the Rail Gun (or Government Model).
No, it can't. The Gold Cup rear sight requires a Bomar cut to install. If you look closely at a Gold Cup you'll see a small shelf milled from the slide to accommodate the rear portion of the sight.
Old 05-27-2019, 08:11 AM   #3

uscav8r .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stringdriver View Post
Hi all.

As the title says, my Rail Gun is shooting "stupid-kinda low". And I'm wondering if anyone else has had a similar problem.

Moreover, I wonder if the rear sight of the Gold Cup Trophy can be swapped to the Rail Gun (or Government Model).

I've searched and cannot find information about other, adjustable rear-sight options for the Rail Gun or Government Models.

My experience with these two models is limited. I like the Rail Gun and I don't really understand why there's so much disdain for these models.

Any information if the rears can be swapped, if the front can be swapped (I may need to file it) or if there is a viable, adjustable rear from another vendor is much appreciated.

Thanks!

String
There might be a possibility of using an LPA adjustable sight. There appear to be two options, but I don’t know how they would fit. They make one type for a MIL-SPEC rear cutout and one for a Colt Series 70/80/90. Apparently one has a 0.330” dovetail and the other (don’t ask me which is which) has a 0.322” dovetail.

I just ordered a Walther 1911 Rail Gun, but I won’t have it for at least a week. Can you report back on the dovetail size?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
uscav8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-27-2019, 08:15 AM   #4

uscav8r .22
If the LPA doesn’t work, you might have to get some Dawson fixed sights (look under their Colt section, NOT the Walther section) and get a different height front sight. You’ll have to drift for windage.

Won’t completely help if you switch between cartridge brands and/or velocities, but should get you closer to “on.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
uscav8r is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Tags
22lr, colt, government, rail gun

Search tags for this page

walther 1911 .22 shoots low

Click on a term to search for related topics.