WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Timbo

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2019, 01:38 PM   #1

Timbo .22
New Member PPK/S 22LR slide locked s

Hey all, I have a PPK/S 22lr. Got it used but like new. It's the Fort Smith. Haven't had any problems until now except ammo picky. Was shooting yesterday, put a couple mags through it no problems. Was 3 or 4 rounds through a mag and the gun locked up, slide shut. Didn't eject spent casing and slide won't move. It wiggles a bit but will not slide back any no matter what I do. Any experience with this? Thanks.
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-24-2019, 02:51 PM   #2

Wildtoad .22
Have you dropped the mag and then tried to remove the slide as you would for cleaning? Can you operate the safety and see if it helps? If you look up the grip handle after removing the mag can you see what might be causing the jam? In the end, if you can’t resolve, give walther service a call, they have great service and if a repair is needed, they will fixit for free including shipping both ways.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Wildtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2019, 02:58 PM   #3

Timbo .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildtoad View Post
Have you dropped the mag and then tried to remove the slide as you would for cleaning? Can you operate the safety and see if it helps? If you look up the grip handle after removing the mag can you see what might be causing the jam? In the end, if you can’t resolve, give walther service a call, they have great service and if a repair is needed, they will fixit for free including shipping both ways.
Yes, everything. All works fine. Safety, trigger pull the same, mag ejection and insertion. All good. But the slide won't slide. Wiggles a little but won't slide. Can't see anything in grip or through trigger guard. Oh well, guess I'll call CS. Thanks

Old 04-24-2019, 04:10 PM   #4

Timbo .22
Quote:
The manual on the website says 1 year warranty to original purchaser. Is this correct still?
Old 04-24-2019, 04:41 PM   #5

SpaceGunner .22
That gun has a lifetime warranty on it. As far as what might be wrong sounds like you had a squib and one of two things has happened.

1. You have a squib and the round is still in there causing a just enough of a bulge to prevent you from racking it or

2. You had a Squib and then shot a round into it and caused a permanent bulge in the barrel resulting in you being unable to pull it back.

Either way I would call Walther and have them take a look at it.

479-242-8500 Ext 7 or [email protected]
Old 04-24-2019, 05:47 PM   #6

Timbo .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceGunner View Post
That gun has a lifetime warranty on it. As far as what might be wrong sounds like you had a squib and one of two things has happened.

1. You have a squib and the round is still in there causing a just enough of a bulge to prevent you from racking it or

2. You had a Squib and then shot a round into it and caused a permanent bulge in the barrel resulting in you being unable to pull it back.

Either way I would call Walther and have them take a look at it.

479-242-8500 Ext 7 or [email protected]
Neither, I figured it out. Was not a squib,case just expanded and stuck tight. Never seen one stick that tight. Released the ejector and slide opened. Had to use a rod to drive the empty case from the chamber. Cleaned and inspected, all is good. Thanks
SpaceGunner likes this.
Old 04-25-2019, 07:12 AM   #7

Wildtoad .22
Glad you figured it out. Casings expanding or splitting is a rare but does happen. I’ve had it happen on my PPK/s .22 a couple of times.

Walther (2009) PPK .380, (2013) PPK/S .22, Ruger (2017) LCP .380, Henry (2017) Mares Leg .22
Old 04-26-2019, 12:39 AM   #8

Timbo .22
Quote:
Glad you figured it out. Casings expanding or splitting is a rare but does happen. I’ve had it happen on my PPK/s .22 a couple of times.
I couldn't believe it was that tight in the chamber. Once I got the extractor released, slide opened right up. Tapped the case out with a dowel, cleaned, inspectedand fired. All good. Thanks
Old 04-26-2019, 07:27 PM   #9

Wildtoad .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbo View Post
I couldn't believe it was that tight in the chamber. Once I got the extractor released, slide opened right up. Tapped the case out with a dowel, cleaned, inspectedand fired. All good. Thanks
I take a multi section cleaning rod with me to the range for the times it happens to me.

Old 04-29-2019, 08:01 PM   #10

Austin Powers .22
I had the exact same thing happen to me once. I was shooting some Remington Golden Bullets out of my PPK/S .22 when suddenly noticed that after firing a round the slide didn't come back. I figured it was just a failure to cycle the action, so I attempted to manually eject the case but the slide wouldn't move.
However, instead of giving up I just grabbed the slide as tightly as I could then yanked it rearward, which actually caused the ejector hook to bend the rim of the stuck case back far enough to clear it. I tried to get the case out by pushing it out down the muzzle, but it just wouldn't budge.
Eventually I just pushed the slide off to the side to catch another part of the rim that hadn't bent all the way backwards and pulled the slide back slowly as hard as I could, which finally pulled the case free. Upon close inspection of the case, I couldn't find why it stuck, it wasn't bulged nor cracked, so I guess the chamber was just so dirty that it caused the case to stick.
I've entrusted my life to a S&W PPK/S-1, it may not be able to stop the illusive 7ft/300Lbs+ Meth Head wearing 5 layers of denim and wielding a car door as a shield, but I'm fairly certain I can outrun such a beast, especially after dumping 7 rounds of .380 ACP into him.
Austin Powers is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols