PPQ M2 .22 Rear Sight Adjustment Issue - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2018, 10:33 PM   #1

banditrvp .22
PPQ M2 .22 Rear Sight Adjustment Issue

When I first got my PPQ M2 .22, it, it was shooting high and right. The windage adjustment was straightforward with the set screw. From what I can tell, the elevation adjustment screw changes the height of the rear sight leaf. I turned the adjustment screw clockwise to lower the leaf. My issue is the adjustment range of the leaf is very small. As I continue to turn the screw clockwise it has no more effect yet continues to turn, never bottoming out. The leaf itself could go lower as I can tell by pressing it with a finger against the spring, but the screw is having no further effect. Iím attaching photos showing the maximum adjustment range on the rear sight leaf. Does that seem right? At the lowest setting, as shown in the photo, it still shoots 3-4 inches high at 20 yards.

Lowest Rear Sight Setting

Highest Rear Sight Setting

Rear Sight Adjustment Screws
banditrvp is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-24-2018, 09:03 AM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
I don't have a PPQ 22. So, I don't know exactly how the rear sight elevation adjustment works. BUT if the screw keeps turning and has NO effect, it'd seem to me that the threads may be stripped....hey, that's just a WAG.

Someone replaced their PPQ 22 rear sight with one for another pistol....may have been a M&P....can't remember. As I remember the sight fit the dovetail in the PPQ, but was a little too wide....requiring a little filing to reduce the overall width. Again, as I recall, the M&P allowed for more elevation adjustment and seemed to remedy the less than acceptable elevation adjustment problem on the PPQ 22.

OR, if I had one of these, I'd probably look at removing the rear sight, disassembling the sight and then use a file to remove some material off the top of the rear sight.....may need to make the notch a little deeper too......just a guess. But filing it down....Oh Yeah...I'd do that in a heartbeat.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 09:18 AM   #3

banditrvp .22
Thanks for the info!

Old 11-24-2018, 09:27 AM   #4
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Here ya go....found a link https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...-ppq-22lr.html

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...22-sights.html

Post 7, 8 and 9. https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...t-problem.html
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:17 PM   #5

banditrvp .22
Thanks again. I called Walther customer service and ended up sending my slide to the repair facility. I'll see if they can fix it up.
Old 12-06-2018, 09:20 PM   #6

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
But filing it down....Oh Yeah...I'd do that in a heartbeat.
I'd never file on a gun....just sayin'. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:44 PM   #7

Kar98 .22
I wasn't filing on the gun, just on the aftermarket rear sight 😛

But I did file the pointy ends on my Kimber trigger off some. Damn they were sharp and pointy.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2019, 06:31 PM   #8

David1959 .22
Yesterday I picked up a new 5" PPQ M2 .22. It also shot high. I got it down to 2" high at ten yards by bottoming out the rear sight. After looking through my packaging, I found my pistol came with two front sights. (both fiber optic versions, held in place with a very small screw!) The sight on the gun had a four printed on the bottom. The one in the case had a "5" printed on the bottom and appeared, to the naked eye, to be a higher sight. I took the 4 off the gun and put the 5 on and then had to re-zero all over. (Damn, more shooting, will this torture never end.) The higher front sight blade made a big difference.

I see this thread is several months old, I'm just hoping this is indicative that Walther has hear our comments and taken remedial action to make sure their bases are covered!
David1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2019, 12:43 AM   #9

jrsbike .22
I just joined as I recently purchased a PPQ M2 5" 22LR. I was enjoying this for the first time yesterday when the rear sight literally came apart after 75 rounds. Prior to shooting I checked all screws and fittings to ensure that the test flight would be OK. Amazingly I was able to find all the pieces including the tiny elevation spring. Upon examination of the sight it is clear that this is a useless piece of junk. It literally rattles in the dovetail and the design is abominable. I am extremely disappointed. The sight is a Novak style but about 15 thou shorter than a typical Novak dove-tail opening. I have a few unused Novak sights from my STI 9mm and I will modify one to fit and hopefully find a front sight to match. Such a great gun would have been better off with a fixed rear instead of this poor excuse of an adjustable sight which does not do that very well.
jrsbike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Search tags for this page
how to adjust rear sight on walther ppq 22 lr
how to fix a ppq m2 sight

how to fix walther ppq 22lr sights

ppq 22 m2 5inch rear sights
ppq 22 rear sight
ppq 22 sight adjustment
ppq m2 sight issues
windage adjustment ppq
Click on a term to search for related topics.