PPQ M2 .22 Rear Sight Adjustment Issue - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2019, 12:19 PM   #11

MartinS .22
Hi, I have the same problem, did you fix it in the end? What did you do?
Thanks
MartinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-21-2019, 11:06 AM   #12

jrsbike .22
If you look in the Walther section of the Rimfire forum there is more information about PPQ M2 sight issues. I have posted on that site about my mods which include the installation of a Williams adjustable rear sight intended for a S&W M&P 9mm and a PPQ M2 9MM front site made by Dawson. The Dawson sight is not a perfect fit but I made it work. I needed a taller front sight to work optimally with the 5" barrel. The stock sight should work with the shorter barrel. The Williams sight is excellent. The stock Walther sights are an abomination and embarrassment to the company. Unfortunately I am unable to upload pics on this forum however images of my modified gun are on the Rimfire forum.
jrsbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2019, 07:13 PM   #13

banditrvp .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinS View Post
Hi, I have the same problem, did you fix it in the end? What did you do?
Thanks
Jrsbike pointed you in a good direction. For myself, I mounted an optic. https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/#/topics/115938

Also the problem I had with the stock sight was it shot high even with the rear sight set to the lowest position. After I put the optic on, I noticed that along with the stuff in the original case was another front sight. I thought that was just a spare but later saw it was a slightly higher front sight. Maybe you got one also if your problem is it’s still shooting high.
banditrvp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2020, 10:31 PM   #14

incogneato .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by David1959 View Post
Yesterday I picked up a new 5" PPQ M2 .22. It also shot high. I got it down to 2" high at ten yards by bottoming out the rear sight. After looking through my packaging, I found my pistol came with two front sights. (both fiber optic versions, held in place with a very small screw!) The sight on the gun had a four printed on the bottom. The one in the case had a "5" printed on the bottom and appeared, to the naked eye, to be a higher sight. I took the 4 off the gun and put the 5 on and then had to re-zero all over. (Damn, more shooting, will this torture never end.) The higher front sight blade made a big difference.

I see this thread is several months old, I'm just hoping this is indicative that Walther has hear our comments and taken remedial action to make sure their bases are covered!
Well... I came here to see if anyone else had the “can’t adjust the rear sight enough” issue, and saw this. I’d seen the extra sight in the case, but didn’t realize it was a different size. Swapped the “4” for the “5” and that did the trick. Thanks for saving me a call to Walther!
incogneato is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rimfire & CO2 Pistols

Search tags for this page
adjust rear sight ppq .22
aftermarket sights for ppq m2 .22
how to adjust rear sight on walther ppq 22 lr
how to fix a ppq m2 sight

how to fix walther ppq 22lr sights

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/walther-rimfire-co2-pistols/113686-ppq-m2-22-rear-sight-adjustment-issue-2.html#post
ppq 22 m2 5inch rear sights
ppq 22 rear sight
ppq 22 sight adjustment
ppq m2 sight issues
walther 22.lr sight
windage adjustment ppq
Click on a term to search for related topics.