G22 Feeding problems. - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 03:51 AM   #1

yodathedrunk .22
G22 Feeding problems.

Hi there! Glad to be a part of the forum!

I am just wondering if anyone has had a problem with the G22 in terms of it jamming a lot. I bought one, took it to the range the next day, and shot about 100 rounds through it. I was using CCI high velocity rounds. Then I tried 50 rounds of the CCI mini mags. Then, another 50 of the winchester high velocity rounds.

One to two rounds of every clip jammed.

I loaded the gun up a couple of times, put one in the chamber, and expelled it, and noticed a scratch on the jacket of the bullet. Did it again, same thing. Did it a couple of times, same results. The basic lead bullet with no jacket, had a scratch. The jacketed rounds came out crooked.

I sent it back to walther about 3 weeks ago.

Just wondering if anyone else has had any problems like this.
yodathedrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-22-2007, 08:52 AM   #2

medic7012 .22
I read that the G22 does better with standard velocity than high velocity. I had the same jamming problem with the winchester hv, but it was fine with cci standards. Hope that helps a little
medic7012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:31 AM   #3

yodathedrunk .22
I was a little tired when I made that post. Didn't explain fully. lol.

When I was used the standard velocity, there was no jams, however, for the hell of it, I expelled a couple of good rounds, and the bullets actually had dent marks in them.

Crap, I wish I had a picture of the firing chamber so I could show you guys what I saw with it, but I was too pissed to think about that. lol

Old 04-06-2007, 12:11 AM   #4

texdoug1 .22
I noticed the same thing on mine. I hope this disen't effect accuracy much. I haven't had a problem with them jamming though. But if I load it and eject a good round the bullets dented down where the bullet meets the case. I cycled my action slowley to see what was going on and it almost looks like the feed angle is too extreme. Let me know what you find out from Walther. Thanks
texdoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:14 AM   #5

yodathedrunk .22
I just got my rifle back from Walther. It looks like they made the angle less extreme for feeding. Going to shoot hopefully tommorow, I'll post my findings!
Old 04-06-2007, 01:37 AM   #6

yodathedrunk .22

Kind of hard to see, and I don't have pictures before they repaired it, so I can't compare. Hope it works tommorow flawlessly!
Old 04-06-2007, 09:35 AM   #7
Supporting Member

uncut .22
To tell you guys the truth......
I wish Walther wouldn't put their name on things they don't make....
the P22 and G22 both are made by Umarex...... (see how it is not proofed in Ulm)
I took my G22 appart after the first range session and did some work and since it has been flawless..... I didn't do anything to the feedramp since it is alloy. I did some work on the barrel and the extractor cutout since I switched it to LH ejection....

Nothing but the best for the best
Old 04-06-2007, 03:39 PM   #8

yodathedrunk .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncut View Post
To tell you guys the truth......
I wish Walther wouldn't put their name on things they don't make....
the P22 and G22 both are made by Umarex...... (see how it is not proofed in Ulm)
I took my G22 appart after the first range session and did some work and since it has been flawless..... I didn't do anything to the feedramp since it is alloy. I did some work on the barrel and the extractor cutout since I switched it to LH ejection....
That bothers me, but I don't care as much, since I shot the rifle today and it went VERY well. The rounds are no longer being scratched as they are being put in the chamber. Everything is smooth and works great. Had one jam with an expelled casing, but other then that its fantastic!

Oh how I have missed it.
Old 04-07-2007, 01:08 AM   #9

texdoug1 .22
Yoda, are these the same problems you were having? First pic shows 1 of 2 "logjams" when I tried to chamber the first round in mag. I guess the round popped up a little when mag was seated. The next 2 are of just about what every round looks like if you chamber and eject it unfired. The 4th is just my setup with results. The bottom half is one group and the top is another. The best I could do was 2.75in at 100yds with a gusty crosswind to about 30. I sure hope it gets better when I start shooting symetrical (non-sliced) bullets!
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCN0289.jpg
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCN0290.jpg
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCN0291.jpg
http://s158.photobucket.com/albums/t...t=DSCN0292.jpg

Happy Easter!
texdoug1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:12 AM   #10

yodathedrunk .22
Yeah it looks like the same problem, however it looks like yours might be a tad more extreme. I would take it in if I were you..

Nice scope, where did ya get it?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Search tags for this page
g22 mis feed issues
how to keep walther g22 from jamming
marlin g22 feeding problems
p22 extractor in g22
p22 walther feeding problems
walther 22 ejection problems
walther g22 feed issues
walther g22 feeding problem
walther g22 jamming

walther g22 problems

walther p22 ejector
walther p22 feeding problems
Click on a term to search for related topics.