WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2013, 01:00 PM   #11

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclark View Post
Here is a pic of a sight I acquired a couple months ago. I would like to know more about it.
Hi Tom,

your sights look exactly like Martin's sights - or the ones that I have in my photo. They are from the mid 1980s and were on the match rifles of that period. They are excellent sights and not exactly common. Your's look great and I would think they are worth about $ 125 to $150. It is somewhat hard to put a price on such a rare item.

I personally prefer the Anschütz 6702 sights for their distinctive click adjustments over the Walther sights. Your sight can accept the same diopter attachments like the Anschütz, meaning that all Gehmann or Anschütz irises will fit. You can easily spend $225 on some nice iris.

I got a drawer full of them and Anschütz 6702s. I love their quality - and what they can do for ageing eyes!
Andyd_is_PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-29-2013, 08:31 PM   #12

tclark .22
Thanks for the info.

Tom
tclark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #13

martinv .22
Well, after the cleaning and reassembly of the sight I took it back to the gunsmith. He measured the backlash and amount each click moved. It's no better than before. I think I'll buy a new sight, either Gehmann or Centra. We managed to get the iris assembly off - it was just screwed on very tight.

Thanks to all who replied.
martinv is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #14

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Martin,

remember that the sight is pressed into the ball bearings and kept in place only by that very weak spring. Before you give up, you should ask your gunsmith to see if he can exchange that spring for a slightly heavier one.

I noticed windeage resistance to be much firmer than elevation, is that what you noticed, too? It strikes me as a design fault to have one spring on the side to do both jobs...
Andyd_is_PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #15

martinv .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd_is_PzGren View Post
Martin,

remember that the sight is pressed into the ball bearings and kept in place only by that very weak spring. Before you give up, you should ask your gunsmith to see if he can exchange that spring for a slightly heavier one.
By 'that very weak spring', I take it you mean the spring that works at a 45 degree angle? I wouldn't describe it as very weak on my sight. Not really firm but what I would think would be quite adequate. I believe this same system is used in telescopic sights for what it's worth.

The ball bearing is there on the elevation and windage simply to provide a 'click' as far as I can tell. They are held in place by much smaller springs, not the 45 degree spring.

Quote:
I noticed windeage resistance to be much firmer than elevation, is that what you noticed, too? It strikes me as a design fault to have one spring on the side to do both jobs...
Before I cleaned it one was firmer than the other (I think windage was firmer - or rather elevation didn't have very pronounced clicks). After cleaning both seem very similar.

Later sights don't seem to use the front pivot and 45 degree spring system. Perhaps there is a reason for that.

I'm currently thinking over a Gehman 595 as replacement rear sight. Ideally I'd like to upgrade my front sight too, which is the one that takes different size inserts, to a variable one. Trouble is I think the mount for the front sight is (now) non-standard on these Walther rifles.

Also have to hope (cross fingers etc.) that the height with a new sight is OK and that I can still adjust the elevation to be on target.
martinv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 04:26 PM   #16

MARTINSYAM .22
WALTHER KK MATCH

The sight you have is off a Walther KK match rifle , from 1985 onwards same as the one on my rifle , picture supplied, hope this helps
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3181.JPG (3.32 MB, 16 views)
searcher451 likes this.
MARTINSYAM is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Tags
kk match diopter sight

Search tags for this page
can you install anschutz 7020 sight on walther rifler

caract?ristique dioptre walther insight out

how many ball bearings in a walther lg rear sight

insight-out match diopter

rear sight irises with magnification

walther diopter insight

walther diopter insight-out

walther diopter sight

walther diopter sight wrench

walther dioptre sight adjustment

walther insight out

walther insight-out expert match diopter rear sight

Click on a term to search for related topics.