New Walther owner - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2012, 06:38 PM   #1

hksl8 .22
New Walther owner

Just picked up a KKM GX-1 with all the accessories and except for a mark made by the bolt on the cheek piece, it looks almost new. Can't wait to get this to the range, I'm in my 50's but feel like a kid with a new toy right now.
hksl8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-06-2012, 03:17 PM   #2

hhguns22 .22
GX-1

hksl8 -
Welcome, and what a way to step in; a GX-1 is quite a find, whatever its condition! I do not know anyone else who has a Walther GX-1; I would hope that it will shoot very well for you - and we all learn various new tweaks and tricks to improve performance from each other anyway; that's what these forums do for us. Do let us know how it does for you, and which (aperture target -) sights came with it?

Everyone will want to see photos - on this site you can attach a jpg photo file directly, or use forum link code to redirect a photo from a free photo hosting site like photobucket or imageshack. Others will no doubt explain how to do this.
In the meantime the NRA museum site (www.nramuseum.com) under: The Guns, The Galleries, then Firearms Traditions for Today, and Case 70, has some great photos of a Walther GX-1. Proceed down thru the thumbnail photos in Case 70 to the Walther GX-1; click on it to select it, and you will find 6 downloadable photos of the Walther model KKM GX-1. Nice stuff.

I am in my mid-sixties in northern Virginia, with a recently acquired Walther KKM hybrid model that is starting to shoot well with Eley Team. Its my first Walther, and it gets along well with my Anschutz 1411 & 64 match. For informal benchrest matches, look at the match threads on the Rimfire Central forum site (www.rimfirecentral.com). More shooters are always welcome.

Some Walther online manuals: Try //stevespages.com/page7b.htm, then under W, select "Walther KK" (1979), and "Walther Small Bore Rifles" (1964) - both are good Adobe pdf file downloads, as well as great manuals.
-- hhguns22 --

Last edited by hhguns22; 10-08-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: added comments
hhguns22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 08:44 PM   #3

hksl8 .22
Thanks HH, hope to have it on the range Monday and will take pictures. Had to put on an Anschutz rail as it did not come with the sling attachment for the Walther handstop, if you know of an extra one sitting around I would be in your debt. Hope I can shoot this rifle as well as it should be but practise will tell and the first winter match is just a few months away.

Last edited by hksl8; 10-06-2012 at 08:59 PM. Reason: spelling error

Old 10-08-2012, 01:47 PM   #4

hhguns22 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hksl8 View Post
Thanks HH, hope to have it on the range Monday and will take pictures. Had to put on an Anschutz rail as it did not come with the sling attachment for the Walther handstop, if you know of an extra one sitting around I would be in your debt. . .
Interesting situation with the unique Walther rails - I noticed that also, and I plan to attach an Anschutz rail also, as I already have some European rail accessories that fit the Anschutz and BSA International rails. I have no Walther rail accessories. That was a good move in my opinion. Best of luck on the range.

-- hhguns22 --
Old 10-08-2012, 02:58 PM   #5

hksl8 .22
hhguns22 likes this.
Old 10-08-2012, 03:01 PM   #6

hksl8 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by hksl8 View Post
Here she is, shoots better then me but the extra weight is givibg me better groups with the sling and jacket.
searcher451 likes this.
Old 10-08-2012, 05:55 PM   #7
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Wow. What a beautiful precision instrument. Thanks for sharing those great photos; lucky you!

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #8

Bad_Brains .22
Man that's some kinda wayyyyyy cool. You must be live'n right to have found a jewel like that. Does this shade of green make me look fat lol. Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy the cool stuff the people share. I sure do.

Mason, Army Vet., NRA member
Bad_Brains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 08:09 PM   #9

hhguns22 .22
GX-1 -

hksl8 -
Great photos of your GX-1; that looks like a well-figured walnut stock, and it looks fantastic! By comparison, the NRA museum's GX-1 seems to be in a much lighter birch stock; yours has a lot more character than the museum piece.
You implied that it shot well on a first range trip with a sling - that is very satisfying for a new acquisition. You may be delighted with the way that it will probably perform from a couple of benchrest bags.
Thanks for posting the photos - you have a real rare find there. Here's hoping that it will be a solid match performer for a long time.
-- hhguns --
Old 10-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #10

hksl8 .22
Thanks for the great comments guys, will stay in touch with match up dates.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Search tags for this page
are walther kk any good

walther gx 1 for sale

walther gx 1 target rifle

walther gx-1 for sale

walther kkm

walther kkm for sale

walther kkm gx-1

walther kkm/gx1
walther kkmgx1
walther model 1 rifle manual

walther model gx 1

waltherkkmtargetrifleforsale
Click on a term to search for related topics.