is G22 worth buying? - Page 2 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2012, 02:49 PM   #11

BornFighting88 .22
Mike has a phenomenal point. Take Bridgeport milling machines for example. A while back, a company by the name of Textron got their greasy paws on this beloved name and ran it into the ground. The machines weren't of known Bridgeport quality, although they looked the same and such.

I think Umarex did to Walther what Textron did to Brideport before Hardinge salvaged them.
BornFighting88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 12-16-2019, 10:40 AM   #12

nc_spike .22
Seven years late, but still going to reply in case there's others out there that might have the same question as the OP.

I've owned and shot my G22 for several years and enjoy it very much. In all the years I've shot it, it's been very reliable not failing any more than other quality .22lr semi-autos. I feed it everything from bulk white box to expensive target rounds. With a 4x32 scope, I'm within 3" at 100yds off a bench.

I think it looks cool I like bullpups. It's fun, compact and comfortable to shoot. And it gets attention at the range.

But I'm also very 'type A' about maintenance. I clean and maintain my guns diligently. And I'm trained and operate them proficiently.

This is probably one reason why my g22 runs well. Yes, it is a total PITA to clean, and parts/service might be an issue if I need it, but for me, for what I want the gun for which is to have a fun, unique, cool, easy-to-shoot hobby gun for the range, the hassle it takes to clean it, is worth it.

Cheers to you all!
nc_spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2019, 07:09 PM   #13

45Man .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc_spike View Post
I think it looks cool I like bullpups. It's fun, compact and comfortable to shoot. And it gets attention at the range.

But I'm also very 'type A' about maintenance. I clean and maintain my guns diligently. And I'm trained and operate them proficiently.

This is probably one reason why my g22 runs well. Yes, it is a total PITA to clean, and parts/service might be an issue if I need it, but for me, for what I want the gun for which is to have a fun, unique, cool, easy-to-shoot hobby gun for the range, the hassle it takes to clean it, is worth it....
I have one, too, but rarely use it because it is not field stripable for cleaning. I clean whatever I can get to through the ejection port. I removed the stock once for a better cleaning.

My Umarex/Beretta is just the opposite, probably easier to clean than an AR15 or bolt action rifle. The stock folds to the side, the trigger assembly drops out, & the bolt comes out the back.
45Man is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-19-2019, 10:57 AM   #14
P88

P88 Unproven
I've got 2 G22's and both are fun to shoot and are fairly accurate. Reliability is good, when they are clean. Once they get dirty, reliability goes down hill and they are a pain to clean. They are fun to shoot though! You don't want to shoot it weak handed though. The charging handle will tear up your face.

If you want a really accurate 22lr, get a Vudoo!
P88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Tags
22lr, g22

Search tags for this page
buy walther g22

g22 walther

g22 walther price

walther g22

walther g22 for sale

walther g22 price

walther g22 reliability
walther g22 review
walther g22 rifle for sale
walther g22 rifle price
walther g22 value
what is the price of a walther g22
Click on a term to search for related topics.