WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2014, 04:58 PM   #21

Adrianw .22
Walther G22

HI
Yeah it is a real pain in the ass to clean, but i guess all bullpup designs will probably be the same irrespective of who makes them.
Getting spares for this little rifle is another matter, I lost the extractor out of mine a while back, the pin that holds it in snapped and the extractor shot out into oblivion with the spent brass. Lots of phone calls later to different dealers I finally found one who could get said part from Walther in Germany. Three months later it has finally arrived. Bummer. Hopefully I will have it up and running again in the next few days.
Have a good weekend.
AdrianW
PS what ammo do you run in yours. I use CCI standard velocity in mine and they run fine when it was working LOL
Adrianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-31-2014, 06:08 PM   #22

texas_yankee .22
When I shot mine this past weekend, I used a variety of 22LR just to see what'd work and what wouldn't - the CCI Stingers seemed to work OK, but the to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference with any ammo - I had some FTEs, but now that I'm getting comfy with the gun, I'll pay better attention to the chamber area and give the mechanism's moving parts some more lube than I did before I went out last weekend.

LOL, I had a heck of a time getting that pin in for the extractor when I switched the gun from left to right - it was really a PITA - I think I'm gonna order another pin and extractor now, just in case - what other parts would you suggest would be good to have on hand?
texas_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 02:40 PM   #23

Adrianw .22
Walther G22

HI Buddy
I would get as many parts as you can ,especially those two tiny springs plus an extractor, ejector plate, firing pin, and any of the little roll pins that hold some of the parts together. Since this rifle has been discontinued it is a real bugger to get parts. I hope you have better luck getting parts in the US, than I have in the UK.

Put my rifle back together Monday evening cycled the action and the bloody thing would not cock, took it apart again and on further investigation found that the pin that holds the hammer strut to the hammer was broken. When I finally get it sorted I will let you ,if it shoots like it did. I love shooting this little rifle, nearly as much as I like shooting my lever action rifles.
AdrianW
Adrianw is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-16-2014, 07:24 PM   #24

texas_yankee .22
I took the G22 to the range today, gave it plenty of CLP, and found out that it didn't like Remington Thunderbolt (40 grain, lead round nose bullet, 1255 FPS) at all - most of the problems with these rounds were failure to eject completely - every third round or so. BUT, the gun loved the CCI Stingers (32 grain, copper plated hollow point bullet, 1640 FPS) - the Stingers ran 100% - not even a single jam!

With all the CPL I used, now I gotta clean the gun, but I am glad that I found out that it it runs so reliabibly with the Stingers.
texas_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 10:18 AM   #25

waffenmeister .22
Talking Revisiting G22 issues

CCI Stinger reliability is actually really depends from gun to gun. Mine hates them!

What I have found during my 1 year G22 experience:
- do not have to clean mechanics for 500rnds
- Can not use any hard cleaning tools inside the bolt ramp
- Use dry lubricant or use as less oil as possible
- Extractor front side polishing is a must
- Bolt rails polishing is a must. Bolt top should be polished to be as smooth as possible or it scratches be aluminum box top, therefore with time moves badly in those self dug scratch rails
- Bolt catcher simply destroys the aluminum frame so better get rig of this feature
- Mag safety spring (nr.52 on scheme) can be replaced with spark stone spring from the BIC lighter. 5 rounds cut is enough. But you need to find as small diameter spring as possible or mag safety wont function and therefore with badly mounted mag, you will experience jams and double fed rounds
- The shell ammo case rail in front of the mag should be polished.
- Bolt return springs are crap! Replace them with the aftermarket ones if possible
- polish the bolt spring rods and you will have less feeding issues cause less friction on bolt return
northdude likes this.
waffenmeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 02:24 AM   #26

northdude .22
I know this is an old thread ive owned a g22 for 5+ years its had a lot of use and nothing has gone wrong with mine it seems most problems arise from incorrect assembly ive fixed a few and that's the most common problem ive seen I run mine with a little bit of dry lube and that's it I use cci standard vel ammo in mine and never had a problem the trigger is quite mushy from factory I fixed that and the other thing I do is bend a 22cal mop at one end in a L shape so you can fit it in through the ejection port and clean the chamber and that seems to keep mine running its the most accurate semi ive owned
northdude is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Search tags for this page
g22 walther

walther g22

walther g22 accessories
walther g22 diagram
walther g22 forum
walther g22 magazine
walther g22 manual

walther g22 parts

walther g22 parts diagram
walther g22 parts list

walther g22 problems

walther g22 springs
Click on a term to search for related topics.