LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 04:00 AM   #11

dsocksb .22
Where are the springs located
dsocksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-10-2013, 04:01 AM   #12

dsocksb .22
Where about are the springs located I am having the same problem?
dsocksb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #13

AGoorfin .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsocksb View Post
Where about are the springs located I am having the same problem?
They are located on each side of the magazine well, towards the top. They'll be exposed and/or fall out when you remove the two pins and separate the system from the breech housing.

The magazine safety (the one with the small round spring) shouldn't cause any real problems; the biggest problem being losing its spring. It's the bolt catch and its flat v-shaped spring that seem to cause people the most grief.
AGoorfin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-24-2013, 02:15 AM   #14

rmnhmr .22
Tested Rounds

First off all, not being able to find .22lr ammo is bull****. Shot the last of my Federal copper hollow points 2 trips ago. Was forced to buy the Blazer 40gram lead round nose rounds. Couldn't go a clip without 2 jams. So bad put G away after about 8 clips.

Went out again about 2 weeks ago with the same Blazer rounds and no idea or plan of what to do. Started with the Blazers again and after half a clip it jammed again. Crap. My buddy let me shoot use his Winchester copper hallow points and absolutely no problems. Mixed in a clip of the Blazers and once again it jammed. Fired the copper hallows and not one jam. Buddy also had a different lead round nose rounds and those also jammed just like the Blazers. I was so excited to figure out my problem being the rounds. Going into it I had strong suspicion's that I needed the copper hollow points. Now need to find some damn rounds.

What the hell is REALLY going on in that we can't even find .22lr. Comon man.
rmnhmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 06:06 PM   #15

Amshn119 .22
Springs and other problems

I've found that the only ammo that at one point historically was a reasonable price and consistently shot was 40grain win superX so I've stuck with it for the last 7 years and have never had a problem.

Can I remove the magazine safety pin all together? What does it prevent? Everything seems to function the same without it. I have kept my slide stop without a spring for about 5 yrs and finally lost the spring to the mag safety while cleaning it today.
Amshn119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2014, 10:38 AM   #16

texas_yankee .22
I know that this is an old post, but if someone could explain specifically which two springs the gun runs reliably without, I'd appreciate it - I am having the same kinds of problems. I've attached a graphic of the Walther G22 I received from Walther when I ordered some parts - are the two parts #53 and #60?

THANKS!
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Walther G22.pdf (77.8 KB, 43 views)

Last edited by texas_yankee; 01-27-2014 at 10:49 AM.
texas_yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:41 PM   #17

Adrianw .22
Walther springs

HI Texas Yankee the springs are #52 and #53
Adrianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:18 PM   #18

texas_yankee .22
Thanks Adrianw - I'll have to get into the gun again and look, but IIRC, #52 was gone already when I bought the gun used - I took it apart when I swapped the gun from left-handed to right-handed following a YouTube video, but I didn't re-assemble it with the parts diagram picture in front of me - so I didn't know it was missing.

I had a heck of a time with #53 - FINALLY got it in correctly, but I think I'm gonna take it out when I clean the gun.

The other thing I have to do is oil it better - some of the other 22LRs I have prefer to run almost dry - this G22 appears to need more lubrication.

Thanks
Old 01-30-2014, 03:31 PM   #19

Adrianw .22
Walther G22

HI Texas Yankee
Take a look at this site www.leskanet.net/~mleska/projects/walther/ or type in search on google speed tips and tricks for cleaning a walther g22 there is some really good info on this site.
Regards.
AdrianW
Adrianw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 03:42 PM   #20

texas_yankee .22
Thanks very much.

LOL, it's not a friendly gun to clean - I'll have to ask Glock to make a 22LR bullpup!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther Rifles

Search tags for this page
g22 walther

walther g22

walther g22 accessories
walther g22 diagram
walther g22 forum
walther g22 magazine
walther g22 manual

walther g22 parts

walther g22 parts diagram
walther g22 parts list

walther g22 problems

walther g22 springs
Click on a term to search for related topics.