Walther Customer Service: Please report your experience here - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2014, 09:34 PM   #21

tom_ .22
A pre purchase contact a few weeks ago was one of the finest customer service experiences I have ever had, person was patient, knowledgeable and beyond helpful. The purpose of the call was to verify whether or not Walther has any parts issues with the PPS, every part I inquired about, at least a good dozen- all wear items, were in the States and available.

A second contact was to obtain info on ammo limitations, specifically if +p was acceptable, this person, women, was amazing in her knowledge and patience.

The people I spoke to at Walther are serious about business.
searcher451 and imaoldfart like this.
tom_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 07-01-2014, 09:01 AM   #22

Linejudgemick .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linejudgemick View Post
At searcher451's urging, I sent my concern to C.S. via email yesterday. BTW, since tweaking the magazine lips myself, I've put another 50 rounds of the subject Federal Champion 180gr FMJ through the 6-round magazine 2 or 3 at a time, both slow fire and quick fire and didn't have any issues...

Thanks searcher451 for your suggestions and this thread for the benefit of us all.
Here is a follow-up to my situation. After I emailed Walther, I got a reply from Glen Seiter. He offered to exchange my magazine so he could test it further. I explained to him that I had modified it by bending the feed lips (138 rounds without an issue since). He was only interested in testing it as configured by the factory. He sent me another magazine anyway, and I've agreed to test it and send him my results with it. I received it yesterday, but I'm having trouble finding Federal Champion 180gr ball. That was the ammo that I seemed to have the most issue with. One way or another I'll test it as best I can and give them my results. I really appreciate Glenn's follow-up.

I also appreciate Searcher's feedback and recommendation. It certainly has helped remove, or at least reduce the bad taste I had from my original c.s. experience.
searcher451 likes this.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:57 PM   #23

jnelso58 .22
My experience was 50/50. bad in that then gun didn't really function much better after repair; but good in that they were friendly, responsive, and warrantied my out of warranty gun. Still, it wasn't quite right after all was said and done. Sold it and bought another Walther, so I couldn't have been too upset.
jnelso58 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #24

Bananapuppy .22
See post #7

Well, almost a month after I sent my letter to the CEO I was contacted by Everett Deger, the new marketing mgr of Walther, by phone. He advised they would bring my gun back in for further evaluation, and if they found that my claim of an unacceptable (my word) trigger was valid, they would either repair or replace my gun. I sent it out FedEx Thursday (7/3); they will have it Tuesday. I'll do a final post when the gun is returned. Bp
Bananapuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 11:19 PM   #25

RickH .22
Excellent Idea!

Nice work. This helps everyone. You the man.
RickH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #26

Bananapuppy .22
Received an email from FedEx today. My PPQ has been shipped back to me, scheduled to arrive Tuesday. Will post final results then. Bp
Old 07-14-2014, 09:24 PM   #27

Muskynut .22
My safety catch/thumb safety broke in half on my Interarms PPK/s mid 1980 production a couple weeks ago. Called S&W and was told to contact Fort Smith. Can't remember name of fellow that helped me but possibly Dallas. He immediately sent parts list to my computer while I was on the phone with him and I proceeded to place the order. Received part in less than a week. He was very helpful and I came away with a good feeling about the overall experience.
Muskynut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 07:31 PM   #28

Bananapuppy .22
Talking WALTHER CUSTOMER SERVICE BACK UP TO A+

See my previous posts numbers 7, 18, and 20.

Well, my PPQ came back from Walther today, after being sent in five times for service pertaining to a bad trigger. Lo and behold, they sent me a new gun!!! 2014 build date, FAUxxxx serial number! My faith in Walther has been restored; now I can go forward with my plans to acquire additional Walthers! Good shooting to all! Bp
Old 07-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #29
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Ding ding and ding again. We have a winner! We also have an excellent example of good customer service at long last. Bravo, Banana. And bravo, Walther, for getting it right, even if it took a couple of additional spins around the block.

This was definitely a case where the wheel needed to squeak a bit to be heard. Sure glad somebody heard it.
UniversalExports likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by searcher451; 07-15-2014 at 07:42 PM.
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:05 PM   #30
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
I'll be checking out Walther's Customer Service on a S&W PPK/S manufactured just after the recall range. It has an over dremeled feed ramp so rounds jump ahead of the extractor. Symptoms are light strikes, double feeds, failure to extract and the mag locks into the gun. S&W only performs recall repairs so they referred me to Walther Customer Service. I received a return form from Walther and a case number. I'll shoot it again to get the fired casings Walther requested then send it in. More to follow.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg medium800.jpg (72.5 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg standard.jpg (22.7 KB, 38 views)

Last edited by Milspec; 08-11-2014 at 08:51 PM.
Milspec is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Search tags for this page
broken slide stop lever walther ppx
complaints about walther warranty service

[email protected]

earl repair services walther reviews 2015

how is walthers customer service

mather ppq m2
[email protected]

walther customer service

walther customer service complaint

walther customer support dylan

walther p22 custmer service
walther ppx broken slide stop lever
Click on a term to search for related topics.