PPK Safety Drops when Firing - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2020, 11:27 PM   #1

tonydoj .22
PPK Safety Drops when Firing

The safety on my PPK Interarms manufactured (1989) would drop when firing. I Read that others had this problem with the Interarm PPK. I sent it in to Walters and they replaced the "Release Piece." I think this is the hammer release. This did not fix the problem. I sent it back again and it was returned with a note on the repair bill that read "Thumb Safety modified by Gunsmith." They also replaced the "Signal Pin." I just got it back and plan to test it soon. Does anyone have any idea what the Gunsmith may have done to the Thumb Safety? I read where one person had the same problem. He believed the hammer was hitting the Thumb safety barrel and turning it counter- clockwise. The guy said he polished the inner end of Thumb safety barrel and this fixed the problem. Can anyone else verify this as the fix to this type of problem? Thanks.
tonydoj is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-22-2020, 05:40 AM   #2

ssivbreger .22
This is a common problem.
The only thing that can be done without replacing the slider is to wedge the safe in the off position with a piece of wire.
ssivbreger is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions