Remington RM380 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2019, 04:02 PM   #1

DE Pistole .22
Remington RM380

I've been admiring this pistol. Its slide integrated front and rear sights remind me of the Walther ZM slide. While it's DAO, it still reminds me of a PPK-L. With an MSRP of $405 dollars, it might compete for some of my Walther dollars.
DE Pistole is online now   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-20-2019, 08:02 PM   #2

1942bull .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DE Pistole View Post
I've been admiring this pistol. Its slide integrated front and rear sights remind me of the Walther ZM slide. While it's DAO, it still reminds me of a PPK-L. With an MSRP of $405 dollars, it might compete for some of my Walther dollars.
When my arthritis of the hands got the best of me I downgraded from 9mm to 380. I needed easy to rack and the M&P Easy 380 was not born. I bought a RM380 to use until therapy got my hands back in shape.

It an excellent call gun. The metal frame absorbs recoil better than plastic, and the long metal slide rails provide better stability than the small rails embedded in polymer frames. Its locked breech design reduces recoil better than the blowback of many 380s.

It is a simple SD gun meant to be used at short range (maybe up to 25 feet) where precision aiming is not critical. You can trust the gun. Mine ate any ammo I fed it.

I see the gun with 2 magazines at my LGS is going for $275 which includes FFL fees, so it selling well below MSRP. At that pice it is a bargain.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 08:07 PM   #3

DE Pistole .22
Bull: That is a bargain and thanks for the feedback.
DE Pistole is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-21-2019, 07:52 AM   #4

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
When my arthritis of the hands got the best of me I downgraded from 9mm to 380. I needed easy to rack and the M&P Easy 380 was not born. I bought a RM380 to use until therapy got my hands back in shape.

It an excellent call gun. The metal frame absorbs recoil better than plastic, and the long metal slide rails provide better stability than the small rails embedded in polymer frames. Its locked breech design reduces recoil better than the blowback of many 380s.

It is a simple SD gun meant to be used at short range (maybe up to 25 feet) where precision aiming is not critical. You can trust the gun. Mine ate any ammo I fed it.

I see the gun with 2 magazines at my LGS is going for $275 which includes FFL fees, so it selling well below MSRP. At that pice it is a bargain.

Hello 1942Bull. What are the sights like on that Remmington? Are they a simple milled in notch and post? Are they replaceable?

It seems like a simple, very concealable and from everything I've heard reliable gun.
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions