WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2019, 03:32 PM   #11

Walther Wood .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
The Creed is a good gun. Underrated I believe. The triggers are good. In my humble opinion, very good. Maybe not short like a PPQ but clean and shootable.
@amar711
Well, there's some first-hand experience supporting you right there, my friend.
Walther Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-24-2019, 04:49 PM   #12
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
If you're really going for high round count, get something that can be serviced, just in case.
I've scrapped my plans to purchase a DeLoreon for just that reason.

Just how many rounds were you going to put through that DeLorean?

Sorry. Couldn't resist. I'll go back to my room now.

The Globe is a ship that has everythingó
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2019, 05:31 PM   #13

amar711 .22
If you're really going for high round count, get something that can be serviced, just in case. I've scrapped my plans to purchase a DeLoreon for just that reason. Moon

I’m not sure what’s considered a high round count. I figure probably 200-400 rounds a month. 2400-4800 rounds a year is what I’ll put through it.
amar711 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-24-2019, 08:59 PM   #14

halfmoonclip .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by amar711 View Post

Iím not sure whatís considered a high round count. I figure probably 200-400 rounds a month. 2400-4800 rounds a year is what Iíll put through it.

That's a fair amount of shooting; get something with readily available parts. CDNN has Sig 320s for $399.
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 08:38 AM   #15

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by halfmoonclip View Post
That's a fair amount of shooting; get something with readily available parts. CDNN has Sig 320s for $399.
Moon

You raise a good point halfmoon. If the gun is going to be shot fairly heavily, easy access to parts and service is an important consideration.

The Creed is a fine and underrated pistol. Nothing wrong with it. However, if availability of parts over the long haul is a potential issue, I wouldn't choose it as my weekly blaster.

The OP might be advised to save a little more and invest in a PPQ. This is a Walther forum after all. If the OP likes the feel of the Creed, he will almost assuredly like the feel of the PPQ.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2019, 06:02 PM   #16

amar711 .22
The OP might be advised to save a little more and invest in a PPQ. This is a Walther forum after all. If the OP likes the feel of the Creed, he will almost assuredly like the feel of the PPQ.

I have tried the PPQ. What I don’t like about it, and this goes for the majority of these new semi’s these days is the safety trigger and or grip safety. I really want something without those 2. I was also liking the CZ 75 but it’s 2x the price.
Old 09-30-2019, 03:17 PM   #17

WaterDR Unproven
It would be silly to require any manufacturer to warranty anything for life or even anything that has been discontinued. So I am sure they state that to avoid any legal obligation.
WaterDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 08:57 AM   #18

An Angry Hippo .22
Looking at the SW99 series pistols with Walther/SW, there are no parts available for the .45 cal version and the thing isn't even 20 years old yet.

I would expect a similar scenario with the creed. They will undoubtedly service the pistol to the best of their ability, but as time goes by those parts *will* dry up.

I use my SW99 .45 as a nightstand gun so I actually ended up purchasing a 'parts kit' online from gunbroker (including an extra slide!). I'd hate to have something break on it and just be told 'too bad, so sad... here is a brochure on the PPQ 45 and we can give you a 50 dollar discount'
An Angry Hippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2019, 11:07 AM   #19

amar711 .22
I e-mailed Walther and was told as long as the parts are available they can do warranty work. The fella told me that they have guns that were discontinued more than a decade ago and still have parts for. So I’m feeling more confident buying a Creed. Thanks all for the replies.
Old 10-01-2019, 11:34 AM   #20

Kar98 .22
A decade isn't that long. My oldest gun is a Walther P. 38 from 1942.

And previously, I had a late 20s/early 30s garbage Broomhandle I paid a $115 for that I traded for a 1978 PPK/S.
Kar98 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions