LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2019, 04:08 PM   #11
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
What is Walther's P99c replacement?

Darn glad I bought one when I did!
What? You didn't get the memo? The PPQ SC.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-19-2019, 05:23 PM   #12
Super Moderator

UniversalExports .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
What is Walther's P99c replacement?

Apparently the PPQ SC, which is hardly a great replacement.

The Globe is a ship that has everything—
Including a serial killer with a large knife
and a penchant for the rich and beautiful.

Visit me at my Blog and on Facebook
UniversalExports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 05:24 PM   #13

gunslinger115 .22
Don't bet on Walther being ready to take on the likes of Glock, S&W, or Sig until they have market ready product. Their attempt at entering the major competition market has been pitiful.

US Army 10/65 - 8/85
Vietnam 12/67 - 12/68
MOS 100B Helicopter Pilot
gunslinger115 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-20-2019, 02:44 PM   #14

Walther Wood .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalExports View Post
Apparently the PPQ SC, which is hardly a great replacement.
I hope the PPQ SC turns out to be good. All of the reviews I watched and read only had good things to say about it. If I am misinformed, I would really appreciate being brought up to speed.
Walther Wood is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 05:29 AM   #15

lana_sands .22
Anyone noticed there's no more .40S&W's in the Catalog?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
lana_sands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 09:01 AM   #16

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walther Wood View Post
I hope the PPQ SC turns out to be good. All of the reviews I watched and read only had good things to say about it. If I am misinformed, I would really appreciate being brought up to speed.
There is nothing really wrong with the PPQ SC. It works fine. Feeds fine. Shoots fine. Reliable and easy to shoot.

The P99c was a unique gun with it's AS trigger system. This gives it a certain niche. The PPQ SC comes off as just another chopped service pistol. It has a lot of competition in that niche and maybe not enough to truly set it apart from it's competition.

The whole chopped service pistol niche is under pressure from guns like the Sig P365 and Springfield Hellcat.

The PPQ SC is a chunky bastard in comparison.

The same could be said of the HK VP9SK or the P30sk. Both good guns but a little big and fat for where the market seems to be going.

I do own and shoot a PPQ SC. I've had no problems with it other than one caused by not cleaning it before the first time I shot it. It's been 100% since then.

Once again, there is nothing wrong with the gun. It does what guns are supposed to do. It works. If you do not mind or even prefer the chunkieness of it, it is as good as anything else in it's niche.
Jimmo952 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 11:46 AM   #17

98530 .22
For your information, I have just checked the current German website of Walther and the following models are offered in Germany:

Q5 Match Steel Frame - 3 variants

PPQ M2 Subcompact

PPQ Classic

PPQ M2 - 5 variants

PPQ Q4

Q5 match - 3 variants

P99 AS

Creed

PPS M2

CCP - 2 variants

PK380 - 2 variants

changing system (slide) PPQ 5 inches

changing system (slide) Q5 5 inches

For more information about the respective variants go to this website (in German):

https://www.carl-walther.de/produkte.../pistolen.html
98530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 01:40 PM   #18

Jan whitaker .22
Carry my p99 as my daily carry gun. To me it's the best 9mm. Striker fired pistol out there.Totally happy with the p99 and have no plans of getting rid of it.
Jan whitaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2019, 03:26 PM   #19

Walther Wood .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmo952 View Post
There is nothing really wrong with the PPQ SC. It works fine. Feeds fine. Shoots fine. Reliable and easy to shoot.

The P99c was a unique gun with it's AS trigger system. This gives it a certain niche. The PPQ SC comes off as just another chopped service pistol. It has a lot of competition in that niche and maybe not enough to truly set it apart from it's competition.

The whole chopped service pistol niche is under pressure from guns like the Sig P365 and Springfield Hellcat.

The PPQ SC is a chunky bastard in comparison.

The same could be said of the HK VP9SK or the P30sk. Both good guns but a little big and fat for where the market seems to be going.

I do own and shoot a PPQ SC. I've had no problems with it other than one caused by not cleaning it before the first time I shot it. It's been 100% since then.

Once again, there is nothing wrong with the gun. It does what guns are supposed to do. It works. If you do not mind or even prefer the chunkieness of it, it is as good as anything else in it's niche.
Thank you for the reply, Jimmo952. I'm really diggin' the SC so far. Have only run about 75 rounds through it but all went well. I did clean it prior to firing the first round then immediately after as well. Using an Alien Gear Cloak Mod OWB holster for EDC and both have performed very well. I am 100% satisfied with both. The ergonomics of the SC are perfect for my hand. Even with my pinkie finger hanging off the bottom with the flush magazine, I still have a good, solid purchase on the pistol. With the pinkie extension or 15 round magazine in place, my grip is even better. The trigger is awesome and I look forward to getting in some more range time soon.
As an aside, I would love to have a P99 for the de-cocking feature but I just am not a fan of the paddle-style magazine release.
Thank you, again, for the reply.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20191024_210743_01.jpg (171.0 KB, 4 views)
Walther Wood is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions