Walther Forums banner

1940 PPK with a unique magazine

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  JimH8189 
#1 ·
Hi all, just received my latest edition to the Walther Family. I picked up a PPK which I'm pretty sure was manufactured in the summer of 1940. This weapon has a metal base to the magazine, I've never seen one like this. Any thoughts, places I can look for info on this weapon. I've posted a few PICs and can provide more if anyone needs them. Anyway, nube to the forum, glad to be here and hopefully learn a lot more from those here that really know.

OK not able to attach PICs at the moment. I'll get them posted as soon as I fan figure out what's going wrong

Thanks.....Jim

#2 ·
OK guys, I've tried all that I know to attach PICs. The stats say that you can post a .jpg with a height and dimension 1200 x 1200. however, I've lowered my PICs to 500 and still can get them to attach. Just get a error message saying the, "Upload of file failed". Any thoughts??

.....Jim

#7 ·
Just what I was thinking only I was going to say a 1935 which is 7.65 caliber.
Looks identical to finger rest base plates on three original Beretta Magazines I have.

#9 · (Edited)
Yea, this one is kind of a mystery to me. I had a Smith that I trust look at it and he feels it was manufactured in the summer of 1940. So the mag is possibly from an earlier model? Would a Baretta mag fit in this thing. The mag fits really snugly and I do mean "really snugly"

#12 ·
Thank you gents for all the info. I have some new Rose wood grips on order. I'll show my PPK some much needed love and post a few PICs when it's all said and done.

Thanks again.....Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.