M1 Paddle release fascination? - Page 6 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree93Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2019, 07:04 AM   #51

wbrian .22
Buttons are unjustified but for the reason of convention. “It’s how it is on other guns” is the ONLY reason for buttons. They are inferior. Period.

Paddles, especially the Walther P99 paddles are so much easier to use for every size hand, it screams “use me”. And it is completely Ambi in the most reliable manner. Buttons don’t bone close . It cracks me up when people tout buttons but own firearms where they must shift their grip. I wear large gloves and have to shift my grip slightly on almost all my button guns. It MIGHT work for you if you have monkey thumbs or on a gun like the PPQ, but for most people the forefinger on a paddle guarantees you won’t move your hands position.

I cringe when I see reviewers who SHOULD know better and attempt to use their THUMB and end up short on a paddle. This is too stupid.

Even guys with long fingers do fine with the Walther paddle. It’s better in every way.
Redcat94 and four4bshooter like this.
wbrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-05-2019, 11:15 AM   #52

DukeIronHand .22
Wow. Well I couldn’t disagree more but it’s a free country - for now.
Use what you please.
Old 08-05-2019, 02:27 PM   #53

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DukeIronHand View Post
Wow. Well I couldnít disagree more but itís a free country - for now.
Use what you please.
You asked for reasoning to counter this button craze, so..you get it

As for using what you please..it's been said here..."one size doesn't fit all".

I've had several button guns, even a PPQ Navy, and also including a S&W M&P, XD-S, G19, borrowed a friend's Shield for a few weeks...

I keep coming back to my paddle Walther guns, especially my PPS.
I've also been using the P99c more lately, on my days off, traveling, in a dual gun setup.

I've got above average sized hands, every gun mentioned above, save the Shield required me to shift my grip to drop the mags. The Shield felt cheap, but that's not the point here.

I'll never give up my paddle guns, though I might try others. The PPS is my ride or die safety tool. Don't think you (belly)button fan boys will be talking me out of it, now, next week, or ever.
Redcat94 and four4bshooter like this.

Old 08-06-2019, 06:13 AM   #54

DukeIronHand .22
Uhhh. No.
It was the excitable “tone” of the post I was commenting on and the use of buzz words.
In any case almost all weapon communities have their “excitable types” (there are other terms for it) about certain things and features.
Except the Rimfire community. They have always seemed the most grounded.
Old 08-06-2019, 05:44 PM   #55

wbrian .22
I used strong definitive words, not emotion. Not really excitable.

The case is clear for the paddle. It fits more hands well, is mechanically better for ambi construction, it keeps your hand stable while reloading (especially the Walther LONG paddle), and it gives you MUCH better leverage than ANY button.

Again, the only reason to prefer buttons over the Walther paddle is convention. And that my friend is a GOOD REASON for their use in your guns.

I'm just arguing straightforward facts wrt their differences.

Do I have MORE button guns. OF COURSE. They are worse but useable. I have them for other reasons.
davek, Lic0rice, Redcat94 and 2 others like this.
wbrian is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions