WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-23-2019, 07:00 AM   #31

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingparis1 View Post
I totally agree that “you should not have to” pay $8-900 for a nice PP. But...If you watch them on Gunbroker, you don’t see any pristine ones in the $500 range. Tell me where I can find a great, new looking one in the original box with papers for $500 and I’ll buy it gladly today.
In between $500 and $900, is a huge difference. While you might not easily find a gun for 60% of the max price, finding one for $695 should not be that hard.

I personally do not care that much for papers or boxes but then I have several large airtight aluminium boxes full of gun boxes in the attic and have problems just with safe storage of my handguns alone.
GeoNole94 likes this.

Last edited by Andyd_is_PzGren; 06-27-2019 at 05:55 AM.
Andyd_is_PzGren is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 06-24-2019, 08:27 AM   #32

03hemi .22
I just put another blued PPK/S, Manurhin, 9mm/380 no box or papers in about the same shape as my others (99.5+%) on law-a-way (Sat) for $425 OTD! The deals are out there. Now if I could just come across a German or French PPK in the same kind of shape without taking out a mortgage for it?

Last edited by 03hemi; 06-24-2019 at 08:29 AM.
03hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 12:03 PM   #33
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyd_is_PzGren View Post

... I have several large airtight aluminium boxes full of gun boxes in the attic and have problems just with safe storage of my handguns alone.
True enough. But as often as not, when we are gone the guns and boxes may not be reunited.

One solution is bigger safes.

M
pilkguns likes this.
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-25-2019, 05:50 AM   #34

Andyd_is_PzGren .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
True enough. But as often as not, when we are gone the guns and boxes may not be reunited.

One solution is bigger safes.

M
I have quite a few handguns and the plastic case for a Walther GSP would be taking up a whole shelf by itself. When I had less than 30 handguns, I had many pistols and revolvers stored inside the safes in boxes but I found it awkward to get them out.

I have raised my sons and influenced them a little bit, they would not only know which boxes, magazines and spare go to which gun but they will in due time incorporate my guns into their own collections. My oldest son is firmly planning to have a safe gun room with a vault door after his next move.
Old 06-25-2019, 06:04 AM   #35

kingparis1 .22
Great price on that .380, congrats. I wound up finding a pretty nice 50s model PP with box for $100 more. I do like the smaller cardboard boxes with the lizard print...they look cool, stack well and don’t take up much room.
GeoNole94 and 03hemi like this.
kingparis1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions