WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2019, 10:42 AM   #31

Scar .22
Hi, Balance

Fair enough and thanks for the reply.

I don't visit this forum all that often, mostly because Walther is not a huge player in the handgun market so this forum is not highly active like that of Glock Talk or Smith & Wesson forums. I can swoop through and check the General, PPQ and P99 sections fairly quickly since there aren't a lot of new posts in those sections on any given week.

Which is why I like to see a newbie on this forum like the OP for this thread. Seems like we should be encouraging new members who might become regular posters, which will make the forum better for everyone.

I read your post to the OP several times over a two day period before deciding to reply. After a couple of days and re-reading, it still seems like it was a preachy and critical response to a simple question. Especially for a brand new member of the forum. Perhaps that is just me.

Had your reply been to an established member I would have just ignored it. The other members who replied to the OP gave more helpful and subject appropriate answers.

Anyway, I certainly meant no disrespect to you, but just a honest respond to what I took as a critical unhelpful reply to the first post of a new member. Don't take my post as any more than that.

Have a good day.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 03-08-2019, 01:55 PM   #32

halfmoonclip .22
I've stuck with Glocks as defensive arms because their default setting is 'they work'. Also, they are positively anal about numbering parts and upgrades, and I can see the sights. As others have noted, they aren't things of beauty, and there is no harm at all in using/abusing them.
Since I already have a couple G19s, and beaucoup magazines, I'm not apt to change horses right now. In our uncertain world, full-cap magazines could suddenly be scarce.

Barring a game-changer (the Sig P365), I'm not apt to need any of the poly Walthers, or poly anything else.

The steel Walthers are another matter.
Moon
and fight for Lincoln..."
halfmoonclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:22 PM   #33

john t .22
My nitestand is a p226 tacops and my other is a gen 3-23, but my love is my pps m2. We're all living a dirty life!
john t is offline   Reply With Quote

Old Today, 12:04 AM   #34

DE Pistole .22
I was a Glock fan and still like them, but the only poly pistol I have now is a P365. I don't shoot it as well as I did my Glock 26, but it's ten rounds of 9mm in the size of a Glock 42 and it runs as well as my Glocks did. I tried some poly Walthers, but I decided to go back to where the Walther banner earned its fame - the all steel PP series.
DE Pistole is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #35

Edgeman .22
I find two things I always read funny when comparing Glocks to Walthers:

(1) Is that Glocks are more reliable than Ulm products. Would put both as extremely reliable, and I've never had any malfunction with my PPQ or P99c (or my G23). Would trust my life with any of these pistols. I shoot the PPQ the best, followed by the P99c, followed by the G23. I attribute that to the factory triggers. Walther just does it better than Glock.

(2) If the SHTF, they'll go with Glocks because parts will be easier to find. Hate to break it to you, but unless you have several tractor trailers full of ammunition backed up to your house, you'll run out of ammunition long before anything breaks in a Walther. As for finding spare mags, would guess most already own all they'll need in that situation. I wouldn't trust a mag I picked up out of the dirt, but I do trust the ones I own.

IIWII
Edgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:51 AM   #36

Edgeman .22
I find two things I always read funny when comparing Glocks to Walthers:

(1) Is that Glocks are more reliable than Ulm products. Would put both as extremely reliable, and I've never had any malfunction with my PPQ or P99c (or my G23). Would trust my life with any of these pistols. I shoot the PPQ the best, followed by the P99c, followed by the G23. I attribute that to the factory triggers. Walther just does it better than Glock.

(2) If the SHTF, they'll go with Glocks because parts will be easier to find. Hate to break it to you, but unless you have several tractor trailers full of ammunition backed up to your house, you'll run out of ammunition long before anything breaks in a Walther. As for finding spare mags, would guess most already own all they'll need in that situation. I wouldn't trust a mag I picked up out of the dirt, but I do trust the ones I own.

IIWII
Edgeman is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions