Any Help? NO MARKING 1931 PPK .32 SN: 779341 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2019, 12:12 AM   #1

Whyyousofat .22
Any Help? NO MARKING 1931 PPK .32 SN: 779341

Greetings from WI! I just picked up this Walther PPK everything is all original and has not been altered in any way. However, aside from the serial number behind the trigger and the last 3 digits scratched into the inside of the slide. No logo no proof stamps either on the slide or the barrel breech. I have heard of no marking models made towards the end of the war but what would be the point of having no markings on such an early Specimen? Anyone have any information? The dimensions are all correct Everything functions exactly as it should. THIS IS NOT A FAKE, NOT A FRANKENSTEIN, EVERYTHING is correct down to the hundredth of an inch. Any ideas? I have many pre war PPK Pistols, this on has me and Walther stumped. Yes I called Walther. They are confused and interested as well. It appears to be something...but what?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20181228_175309_1547960967711.jpg (75.7 KB, 46 views)
File Type: jpg 20181228_175202_1547961009955.jpg (64.1 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 20181231_165733_1547961043327.jpg (130.5 KB, 50 views)
Whyyousofat is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #2

Balogh .22
Is there any explanation why the grip screw is on the wrong side?
Balogh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 02:05 AM   #3

Whyyousofat .22
What do you mean? It looks right to me...

Old 01-20-2019, 02:35 AM   #4

Balogh .22
The early PP series models had the grip screw set on the left side:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Grip screw.jpg (294.5 KB, 75 views)
Old 01-20-2019, 02:54 AM   #5

TheWatcher .22
Are you positive that it is all original and hasn't been reblued at some point? It's hard to tell from the lighting, but all of the fine rubs and wear marks appear to be running horizontally accross the slide (which is consistent with polishing and rebluing) and then there is that curious build up where the trigger guard meets the frame.

Currently looking for .380 PPK and PPK/S frames or parts guns. Please PM me if you have one to sell.
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2019, 05:55 AM   #6

Balogh .22
Whyyousofat, last month you already showed us the same PPK with the serial number of 779341: Do you remember? Any Help? 1931 Walther PPK 7.65 S/N 779XXX NO MARKINGS!!! At that time you wrote that everything was all original and not altered in any way despite the fact that the gun obviously featured a black two-piece post-war grip as we can see on the mentioned thread:

I've already formed my opinion regarding your latest statement from today which went like this: "I just picked up this Walther PPK everything is all original and has not been altered in any way." And still, the gun doesn't have a time correct grip. You have to change the grips once more but it will be even more difficult to convince me that no rework was performed on your gun.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PPK 779341.jpg (30.6 KB, 82 views)
File Type: jpg PPK 779341 Detail.jpg (35.3 KB, 73 views)
File Type: jpg PPK 779341 .jpg (41.5 KB, 71 views)
TheWatcher and 2BNKS like this.

Last edited by Balogh; 01-20-2019 at 09:59 AM.
Old 01-20-2019, 12:42 PM   #7

TheWatcher .22
Interesting seeing all of the 3 threads put together. Is your intent to create a thread that backs your story so as to create a proof of authenticity for a sale?

Currently looking for .380 PPK and PPK/S frames or parts guns. Please PM me if you have one to sell.
TheWatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 01:12 AM   #8

Whyyousofat .22
I reposted because I received no answers the first time. No, this gun has been sent to and inspected by Walther. It IS original. I put the grips from my 1933 Model on it as the black grips were clearly not period correct. Every model I have looked at has the same screw on the same side, that is completely irrelevant here. For the last time, this has NOT been reworked. The slide width should be 0.85" w/o safety and exactly 1.00" w/ and those dimensions are not off be even 1/100". I am a watchmaker And I am not only Master trained to recognize detail Far far far more detailed, complicated, and precise that any firearm mechanism, But I am also an expert in metal Working and finishing Specifically jewelry and watches. I KNOW you cannot remove engravings Role markings or stamps without removing any Metal whatsoever so I find that any claim regarding my slide not being original ridiculous. It was not my intent to post this thread 3 times I thought I was writing on the same thread. My apologies. So I changed the grip which had been changed at some point anyway. WALTHER has confirmed the pistol's authenticity, that it is all original and matching-aside from the very superficial grips which are irrelevant to this story, they have confirmed what you all cant seem to get through your heads. They just cannot yet tell me how it made it's way into population. I have taken a 4k 1000x Digital Microscope to the entire surface Finding no evidence what so ever of anything ever having even been there much less reworked removed or reblued. You are all focusing on the wrong thing here. I am NOT here to get verification of anything regarding my gun's originality or authenticity. Nor am I here for anyone's approval. Just thought I would share such an interesting find with the community and see if someone knew something, anything, about it. I read other posts where it's "congratulations on such a find" or " thanks for sharing" here is a link or a suggestion...I dont understand why I am different. I have gone so far as to weigh parts Down to the 1000th of a gram in comparison with parts of my other PPK's from the same era, I have many, and they all weigh the same. Sadly, I Didnt expect such negativity. Exactly why I usually dont bother asking the community. I thought It might spark some curiosity. I was very wrong. So, This will be my last post. It's clear that nobody has any idea about what I have And instead of just admitting That or keeping to themselves, they reach for the lowest hanging fruit and badmouth My gun saying it must be fake, altered, and doesn't deserve your time aside from petty comments doing no good but people cant help but open their mouths whether they know what they speak of or not. Funny how that is when you have something no one else has...anyway, If you're questioning my word about this gun you are questioning Walther's word about this gun. Anyway it doesn't matter, I Do just fine with out you guys. If anyone cares the best working theory Going between me and Walter and the expert Walther put me in touch with is that it could have been a test pistol with no need for superficial markings but would still require a serial Number. Then instead of melting it down the worker pocketed it and walked out. That is the most plausible thing we can come up with. Good luck and farewell. I want be re checking this so go nuts on your snide comments and let me have it all you want. Have some fun, tell me how wrong I am. When all you have is a hammer, everything becomes a nail. So, Hammer away! I post no more.

"Are you bozos smart enough to feel stupid? Hope so..."- Eminem
Old 01-21-2019, 11:35 AM   #9
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyyousofat View Post
...everything is all original and has not been altered in any way. ....

Sure. Absolutely. Dream on. Everybody here is too stupid to know any better.

"So, This will be my last post." Now THERE is a breath of fresh air.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2019, 11:39 AM   #10

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyyousofat View Post
I reposted because I received no answers the first time. No, this gun has been sent to and inspected by Walther. It IS original. I put the grips from my 1933 Model on it as the black grips were clearly not period correct. Every model I have looked at has the same screw on the same side, that is completely irrelevant here. For the last time, this has NOT been reworked. The slide width should be 0.85" w/o safety and exactly 1.00" w/ and those dimensions are not off be even 1/100". I am a watchmaker And I am not only Master trained to recognize detail Far far far more detailed, complicated, and precise that any firearm mechanism, But I am also an expert in metal Working and finishing Specifically jewelry and watches. I KNOW you cannot remove engravings Role markings or stamps without removing any Metal whatsoever so I find that any claim regarding my slide not being original ridiculous. It was not my intent to post this thread 3 times I thought I was writing on the same thread. My apologies. So I changed the grip which had been changed at some point anyway. WALTHER has confirmed the pistol's authenticity, that it is all original and matching-aside from the very superficial grips which are irrelevant to this story, they have confirmed what you all cant seem to get through your heads. They just cannot yet tell me how it made it's way into population. I have taken a 4k 1000x Digital Microscope to the entire surface Finding no evidence what so ever of anything ever having even been there much less reworked removed or reblued. You are all focusing on the wrong thing here. I am NOT here to get verification of anything regarding my gun's originality or authenticity. Nor am I here for anyone's approval. Just thought I would share such an interesting find with the community and see if someone knew something, anything, about it. I read other posts where it's "congratulations on such a find" or " thanks for sharing" here is a link or a suggestion...I dont understand why I am different. I have gone so far as to weigh parts Down to the 1000th of a gram in comparison with parts of my other PPK's from the same era, I have many, and they all weigh the same. Sadly, I Didnt expect such negativity. Exactly why I usually dont bother asking the community. I thought It might spark some curiosity. I was very wrong. So, This will be my last post. It's clear that nobody has any idea about what I have And instead of just admitting That or keeping to themselves, they reach for the lowest hanging fruit and badmouth My gun saying it must be fake, altered, and doesn't deserve your time aside from petty comments doing no good but people cant help but open their mouths whether they know what they speak of or not. Funny how that is when you have something no one else has...anyway, If you're questioning my word about this gun you are questioning Walther's word about this gun. Anyway it doesn't matter, I Do just fine with out you guys. If anyone cares the best working theory Going between me and Walter and the expert Walther put me in touch with is that it could have been a test pistol with no need for superficial markings but would still require a serial Number. Then instead of melting it down the worker pocketed it and walked out. That is the most plausible thing we can come up with. Good luck and farewell. I want be re checking this so go nuts on your snide comments and let me have it all you want. Have some fun, tell me how wrong I am. When all you have is a hammer, everything becomes a nail. So, Hammer away! I post no more.

pilkguns and Vandal320 like this.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Search tags for this page

1931 ppk

1931 ppk value?
ppk 7.65 sn: 389149

value for 1931 ppk?

Click on a term to search for related topics.