Why Doesn't Walther Re-introduce The P 38 - Page 16 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions

Like Tree121Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2019, 09:16 PM   #151

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Ok, so Bar-Sto barrels are on par with standard production Beretta barrels?

Oh PLEASE, RIGHT BACK!

You, are CLUELESS!
Old 09-08-2019, 09:19 PM   #152

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Can ANYONE get a production/box stock 92 target posted?
Old 09-08-2019, 09:30 PM   #153

matquig .22
Nya, nya, nya! If Beretta put a Bar Sto barrel in a 92 and called it a match gun for $150 more, would you buy it and calm down? Simple modification, no? Actually, the stock barrel was very accurate. At the time, I just needed a barrel for suppressor work, and the slightly longer threaded ones now available were not available then, and threading a standard 4.9" barrel didn't give much mount beyond the slide.
matquig is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-08-2019, 09:48 PM   #154
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
OK, how bout a Sig MPX? 50', 5 rounds.

imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:40 AM   #155

Mr.Efficiency .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
OK, how bout a Sig MPX? 50', 5 rounds.

My Sig 365 and p238 shoot groups like that.... but Iím gooood :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mr.Efficiency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 12:42 AM   #156

Mr.Efficiency .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeutschlandUberAlles View Post
I stated the P5 was the final evolution of the P38 earlier in this thread, and the P38 had a muzzle end lockup, similar to the P5, and LACKING entirely in the 92 design. Sorry about that.

Still waiting for a 92 target!

SOMEONE at Beretta forums SHOULD be able to provide a bench test 92 vid, yet one is NOT to be found. Some of those members got pre-production WC/B 92G Brig Tacs to review, and Wilson Combat factory tours. Yet no accuracy vids? Or test targets?

And FWIW, what Beretta Italy provided for testing over 30 years ago is a far cry from the 92s Beretta USA has been producing. If the junk coming out of the MD facility were going to the military, production would have been halted due to repeat escapes of issues without proper resolution. This is coming from a manufacturing engineer, who has DONE root cause/corrective action, on military programs.

I could make the argument that the Italian 92s from the early '80s are not the same as the current US 92s, just as you stated in regard to the P38~P5.

Edit; Per your post #117, you're FAR to busy to review the first page data (and make corrections), or deal in drawn out Liturgies (I would have to assume that's "non-engineer" speak for detail differences in designs), yet here you are AGAIN.

Are you too busy or not?
The P5 is no such thing. It is a finicky, low production special made in the last generation of quality smithing.

To support my claim, shoot a regular production P38 and a Beretta 92 pulled from the armory at Ft. Bragg. I bet the bullets go in the same holes... because they are the same gun.

Mr.Efficiency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 09:22 AM   #157

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by matquig View Post
Nya, nya, nya! If Beretta put a Bar Sto barrel in a 92 and called it a match gun for $150 more, would you buy it and calm down? Simple modification, no? Actually, the stock barrel was very accurate. At the time, I just needed a barrel for suppressor work, and the slightly longer threaded ones now available were not available then, and threading a standard 4.9" barrel didn't give much mount beyond the slide.

Bar-Sto pays more attention to just the crowning operation of their barrels then Berreta puts into their entire barrel.

This barrel crowning process is just about the SINGLE most critical step when it comes to accuracy at distances beyond 10 yards.

FWIW; Bar-Sto barrels have been used exclusively by the US Marine Corps Marksman Unit since 1977. They have also been in nearly every winnerís gun at the Masters, the Steel Challenge, the U.S.P.S.A. Nationals, and the Camp Perry Bullseye Nationals.
Old 09-09-2019, 09:26 AM   #158

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Efficiency View Post
The P5 is no such thing. It is a finicky, low production special made in the last generation of quality smithing.

To support my claim, shoot a regular production P38 and a Beretta 92 pulled from the armory at Ft. Bragg. I bet the bullets go in the same holes... because they are the same gun.

Ok, I guess all those front lock-up details are invisible on the 92.

Thanks for letting us know those items are ACTUALLY there.

Have a nice day.
Old 09-09-2019, 11:29 AM   #159

DeutschlandUberAlles .22
I intend on doing some 25yard accuracy testing of the P5/92 platforms when it cools off and the Texas winds calm down.

Should be interesting, I'll be using the 100% original (no tricky comp grade extended barrel, '89 vintage) 6" barrel Lang, not the 3.5" barrel P5s that came with sub 1" test targets (those are still NIB, after over 30 years). Will also bring along and shoot the Wilson Combat/Beretta 92G Brigadier Tactical. This gives the 92 platform a CLEAR advantage. The WC/B-92G/BT is manufactured to Bill Wilson/Ernie Langdon specified "enhanced" tolerances (tighter than a "basic" 92/M9), comp crowned stainless target barrel, well machined Trijicon B&T front and U Notch Battlesight rear sights, WC bench worked trigger assembly that is tuned during test firing at WC, also has a lighter mainspring.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC03555 (2).jpg (149.0 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg DSC03557 (2).jpg (172.5 KB, 6 views)
calla23 likes this.

Last edited by DeutschlandUberAlles; 09-09-2019 at 01:25 PM.
DeutschlandUberAlles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2019, 02:18 PM   #160

matquig .22
Thanks for the open mind. I'll bet the only limiting factor is the shooter. As far as barrels used by the pro's, take a look at Kart. Most of the gunsmiths I know say their name before Barsto. I opted for the Barsto just because I had a limited choice at the time, and wanted to make sure it had enough mount for threading. It could have been 1/2 to 5/8" shorter for my liking; I do not know why Barsto makes them that long. The flash hider is to protect the threading and for looking cool, but if anything, could actually detract from accuracy if the wrong harmonics occurred. I would like to see ALL current production guns come with a factory test target. It would be a marketer's genius to bring back the test target.
matquig is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > Walther General Discussions