Walther welcomes Luke Thorkildsen as VP of Marketing and Product Development - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Walther Forum Announcements

Like Tree25Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2016, 11:26 AM   #1

4Nines .22
Walther welcomes Luke Thorkildsen as VP of Marketing and Product Development

FORT SMITH, ARKANSAS —- Walther Arms, Inc. is excited to announce the addition of Luke Thorkildsen to the position of Vice President of Marketing and Product Development.

Originally from Texas, Luke Thorkildsen holds a Bachelor's Degree in Entrepreneurial Business and Strategic Management from the University of North Texas. Before joining Walther, Luke had a distinguished career in the outdoor industry serving with the iconic companies of Coleman and Bear Archery. At Bear, Luke led a new projects team that focused on entering a new category and developing a new line of crossbows focused on fit, feel, and balance. Under Luke's leadership the team researched, planned and developed ground breaking new products protected by multiple new patents. At Coleman Luke held the positions of Global Director of Product Development for Battery Lighting and Global Category Manager. He led teams in the development of multiple new successful product lines.

Adam Blalock Walther Arms CEO stated, “I’m excited that Luke Thorkildsen is joining our team. Luke has a proven track record with some very strong brands. His skillset, approach and passion for winning with the consumer will make him a great addition to our growing team.”

At Walther Thorkildsen will be responsible for Marketing the Walther Brand in the United States as well as leading product development.
Walther is the premier provider of personal protection and recreational firearms of various calibers ranging from .22 to .45. With a vast devotion for continued innovation and customer focus in a fast growing industry, Walther Arms engineers products that are Built for Life.
4Nines is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-13-2016, 12:10 PM   #2

Herr Walther Unproven
Hopefully he can convince the rest of the Yes men to eliminate that stupid beavertail on the PP series.
Pilotsteve, Balogh, bmwhd and 2 others like this.

Die Familie Rentz seit 1535 https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2091&dateline=1394562  861
Herr Walther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:22 PM   #3
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
And, maybe can convince em' to offer the Q 45 with paddles. I'll take two please....and if it'll help you out, I'll buy three. Come on' man.....throw the doggie a bone.
DavidS, olsoul, Zebra and 1 others like this.
imaoldfart is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-13-2016, 12:29 PM   #4

Catfish .22
4Nines - that guy's visage bears a resemblance to your avatar...
searcher451, 4Nines and Vandal320 like this.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #5
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Let's hope, for starters, that Luke is an active participant on the Walther Forums. If he follows in the footsteps of Mark Evan Thomas in that regard, he will be a welcome addition to the USA Walther staff.
4Nines likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 12:48 PM   #6

PPX69 .22
All the best and I hope you enjoy your new job!!!
PPX69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 08:18 PM   #7

DavidS .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
And, maybe can convince em' to offer the Q 45 with paddles. I'll take two please....and if it'll help you out, I'll buy three. Come on' man.....throw the doggie a bone.
Yeah, what he said. Woof!

Dave
Old 01-14-2016, 06:46 AM   #8

Yoxford .22
Welcome Mr. Thorkildsen...yes a PPQ .45 with paddles, loose the extended beaver tail on the PPK & stock the Walther store...name branding works. Sad when Hi Point has more merch available than Walther
Old 01-14-2016, 09:09 AM   #9

chandler5566 .22
Before jumping into new products I recommend that you use this "honeymoon" period to establish a solid performance base by permanently solving problems with existing products....like the CCP. Take those lessons learned and adapt them to new product designs and offerings.....perhaps a few of what is being requested in this thread.
chandler5566 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 10:52 AM   #10

Catfish .22
Luke, sorry about teasing re: photo and avatar. Welcome.
Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Walther Forum Announcements