Bored silly - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Walther Forum Announcements

Like Tree49Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2015, 09:10 PM   #21

wellshooter .22
I also visit more than just this forum ever day because I have varied interests. I seldom post anything but enjoy the good discussions and learn a thing or two every day.

However, I would like to point out that the search bar operates differently on ever forum I have visited. Most of them don't work worth a flip. I have better luck Googling my search term outside the forum and letting Google lead me back to the forum topic I am interested in.

So personally I don't care if some new member asks the same question that was answered yesterday or 5 years ago, or is contained in a sticky. Someone should point them in the right direction or answer the question because when you are inside a forum 'search is not your friend'.
Old 08-05-2015, 09:27 PM   #22
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
True. Searcher has already pointed out that Google works FAR better than the pathetic search feature native to this forum. Maybe the forum owners would consider simply inserting a automatic link to it.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #23

BlitzPig .22
I for one would hate to see you go sir.

First because I have learned a lot from your posts, and secondly, because I appreciate your dry, rapier like wit, even when I am on the wrong end of the point of it.

I do understand the tedious nature of explaining the same thing over and over again. I do it far too often in my capacity as a classic car mechanic, but it goes with the territory.

I wish there was more new ground to cover, but alas, there really is not much that is honestly new if firearms development currently.

Old 08-12-2015, 07:58 PM   #24
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlitzPig View Post
I wish there was more new ground to cover, but alas, there really is not much that is honestly new (in) firearms development currently.
It doesn't have to be "new". Most people don't even understand the "old". There is much to be profitably learned from shining a light on what has previously passed, often unnoticed.

M
searcher451, BlitzPig and Zebra like this.
Old 01-27-2016, 06:50 PM   #25
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by beamon View Post
Sure there is, though admittedly difficult! When accomplished, however, it is what distinguishes a truly classy, 'cut above' board from the pack. Moderation is only a 24 hour job in the beginning. Once members realize that less than civil, ad hominum attacks are not tolerated, the chore is materially reduced.

"Spice" was my word and it is not irrelevant in and of itself. Spice is what makes the relevant even better. Food without spice tires the taste buds more rapidly. Important stuff - wars have been fought over spices!
Actually, in concept I agree completely with beamon. It would be very classy. But in practice political discussion that does not quickly swerve off into the frenetic and pugnacious is simply unattainable here. I suspect it has to do with democracy --one man, one vote. So everyone's opinion, no matter how stupid, gets an equal airing, at least on the internet.

Anyway, that was basically a diversion, wasn't it?

M
Old 01-28-2016, 08:57 PM   #26
Supporting Member

uncut .22
I glanced over some of the replies......

Nothing new... same old replies.. Ill go shoot

btw Mike
I read another post of yours about current production guns... have you tried HKPro.com as an option to your boredom??

Nothing but the best for the best

Last edited by uncut; 01-28-2016 at 09:01 PM.
uncut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 10:09 PM   #27
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncut View Post

btw Mike
I read another post of yours about current production guns... have you tried HKPro.com as an option to your boredom??
No. I don't pretend to be an "operator" or even to travel in fast company. I leave that stuff to others --some of whom post here.

M
Old 01-28-2016, 10:22 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
I offer the following to help cheer Mike up: a couple of plane tickets to West Palm Beach in May. I'll bet he's got a couple of stories in his safe that'd enjoy the company of those of a fellow gentleman.

-Pilotsteve
Jimbo80 and ronin11 like this.
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:20 PM   #29

RevRay .22
Mike, I think this is the problem ...

About MGMike
Biography
I am old. Plus I am garrulous, cantankerous, horny and unreasonable.
FIE Titan II (Tanfoglio GT) .32 acp Blue
RevRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 11:28 PM   #30

ronin11 .22
I think 'ornery', (Webster's: having a bad disposition), not horny (see RevRay's post above) might be the allegedly correct term. Either way, as Pilotsteve mentioned, he would be (IMO) a very welcome addition to this years Greet & Shoot.
Jimbo80 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Walther Forum Announcements