WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Walther Forum Announcements

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2018, 07:51 PM   #11
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Thanks guys.

I don't mind being left "the keys" insofar as the ability to move discussions to their appropriate pages and aiding members with technical issues, but when I'm alerted that someone in the CCCP section said so-and-so's mother is ugly, that's when I draw the line. Without going into details, I was recently presented with a situation (as moderator) which required me to advise the person(s) in question to contact law enforcement. When it got to that point, I realized my input as a "person of authority" in a website I had no legal interest in could potentially hold damaging substance against me. Personally. That was when I was like, "Yep... I'm outta here!"

Besides, I'm not one to coddle one whose feelings are hurt if someone called his mum ugly. My first thought is, "Well, is she?"

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 11-28-2018, 09:05 AM   #12

GeoNole94 .22
IMO, with few exceptions, this group is respectful and follows the rules of the forum. A big plus for me, as an avowed independent, is the mild political rhetoric allowed herein. Thanks for your services, Steve and Doug!
Old 11-28-2018, 10:35 AM   #13

1917-1911M .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilotsteve View Post
I'm alerted that someone in the CCCP section said so-and-so's mother is ugly, that's when I draw the line.

-Pilotsteve
Absolutely....there is no need for that on any level. Gentlemen, we signed on to follow the rules as guests here. Let's be men of our word. I don't come here for that kind of stuff.....besides, I'm too busy trying to keep zinc P22s up and running.....lol.

Pilotsteve, I will be PM'ing you on another matter. Bah.....grumble, grumble....guess I've reached the point I need to sign the VA papers....skin cancer, bladder cancer and now prostate cancer. I feel fine though....one of the problems with cancer. So far it seems to all be in a few spots and hasn't spread but I'm sure not looking forward to the 12 needle biopsy. MD Anderson cancer center. Noah Galloway is waiting on us to landscape his place. When I talk with him I realize I have no reason to be complaining.

There is talk of a trip up your way next fall for the leaves. We have a place, if so I want to at least shake hands and buy you dinner if we are in your vicinity
. 1917
1917-1911M is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #14
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1917-1911M View Post
I will be PM'ing you...I need to sign the VA papers...
Sigh... you're darned right you do.

Quote:
There is talk of a trip up your way next fall for the leaves. We have a place, if so I want to at least shake hands and buy you dinner if we are in your vicinity. -1917
You let me know, good Sir, and I'll put plenty of time aside for you and yours. I'll show you the place I call home (Tolkien would've imagined his Shire as resembling) and take you to my humble range for some Walther (et al) joyousness.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2018, 10:54 AM   #15

sunny08 .22
Glad you're back Pilot Steve! As the saying goes it's a dirty job but someone has to do it. After a while, the dirt weighs in with no relief in sight. Good choice.
Pilotsteve and Jimmo952 like this.
sunny08 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > WaltherForums.com > Walther Forum Announcements