WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By imaoldfart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2016, 10:17 PM   #1

tdj7777 .22
New Trijicon Sights Install Questions

Just got new orange/green sights. Looking for the process of replacing the sights. Not really up on terminology so keep it simple. Removed screw under slide for front sight. Do I need a fine (small) punch to push up and out the oem sight? Don't want to damage threads. How do I remove the rear? I read where the bottom portion must not be removed. Is there a tab or such to engage (I see an opening in the base part) or just tap the rear sight over/out with plastic or padded punch? Just don't want to break something for no reason. Thanks for the help and please advise of tool sizes for my shopping list.
tdj7777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-02-2016, 09:04 AM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Well tdj, I don't have a PPX, but I've installed lots of sights on PPQ's and P99's. It appears the PPX uses a 3/16" screw to hold the front sight on. Yep, remove the screw and if the sight doesn't just fall out of the slide you may need to use a sharpened 3/16 or 1/4 inch wooden dowel to push the sight out of the slot (sharpen the dowel in a pencil sharpener).

As for the rear sight. Looking at an exploded view of the PPX, the PPX apears to be a drift adjustable sight, meaning you've got to use a sight pusher or a hammer and punch to remove/install/adjust the sight. You've already mentioned the tools needed to do this.....just remove your slide and clamp the slide in a vice (using wood strips on either side of the slide to keep from damaging it) and pound away. Or, I've simply clamped square-ish type slides to the work bench, which is actually my preferred method.

With any luck maybe someone that actually owns a PPX can chime in here.
tdj7777 likes this.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX