PPX - My first and last Walther - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree44Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2015, 01:33 AM   #21

GlenC .22
I agree that Walther should replace his PPX based on what he said. If he had the PPX I have I'm sure he would feel better about his purchase. I'm just saying if I was going to shoot competively I would look into a CZ 75B based on their track record of competitive shooting. I think most competitive shooters use a heavier steel gun with a longer barrel. But I won't swear to it, because I'm not a competitive shooter. Anyway I hope Walther decides to take care of this issue. You would think they would want to.

Last edited by GlenC; 05-02-2015 at 07:39 AM.
GlenC is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-02-2015, 10:56 AM   #22

Sundevil827 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GlenC View Post
I think most competitive shooters use a heavier steel gun with a longer barrel.

You can make the "it's the Indian, not the arrow" argument, because polymer guns make up a huge percentage of match guns. The top guys generally do run steel because it's a more conducive platform for action pistol shooting. That said, most people I know who get into it, bring whatever they own, and there really is no bad first choice (except a Hi-Point) to come out and get started. Six months in, with some experience, then you'll have a better idea of the handling characteristics of your handgun, and what you might prefer in a competition gun.

I think at the last Production Nationals the top 2 choices were CZ and Glock, and if you add in all the other polymer choices they come out on top, but not by a ton.
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 01:51 PM   #23

speeed369 .22
I'm going to continue talking with people at Walther in the hope that they will make an honest effort to restore my faith in their brand and products. However, in these days when corporate profit trumps everything at the expense of truly good customer service and making sure every buyer is happy with their purchase, I really don't expect Walther to replace my gun, and their upgrading it to a PPS or PPQ is about as likely as Michael Blomberg joining the NRA. They really don't care about a customer who owns a single PPX. Maybe if I owned an arsenal of Walther/Umarex weapons they would treat me differently. I can only guess...
speeed369 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2015, 10:31 PM   #24
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
For what it's worth, you can speculate here all you want about corporate greed and what Walther wants or doesn't want, but you won't know for sure until you get the head guy on the phone and see what he has to say. His name is Glen Seiter.

Walther Arms Inc.
7700 Chad Colley Blvd.
Fort Smith, AR 72916
(479) 242-8500
[email protected]
Milspec and SENC like this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 05:51 AM   #25

speeed369 .22
The "head guy" doesn't answer his phone or respond to voice mail.

Last edited by searcher451; 05-03-2015 at 09:02 AM. Reason: bandwidth
speeed369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 09:05 AM   #26
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
My suggestion would be to reach someone who does answer the phone and then ask to talk with the head guy and stick with it until you do. I know that complaining on a gun forum is cathartic, but it doesn't produce results. My take is that if you spent as much time with Walther as you have here, you'd know something by now ... and perhaps have a solution to the issue.
Que and Zebra like this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:10 PM   #27

ret.08sunny .22
My final thoughts on this. Hope you started a paper trail and kept records regarding your contact and non contact with Walther. I would send a registered, certified letter to the main man as mentioned by searcher, detailing your issues and what you want as an end result. If you don't push at the top for some type of satisfaction, spinning wheels will continue.
ret.08sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 04:17 PM   #28
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
This ^^^^^^. Yep, telephone calls suck....he said she said....I didn't say that. Paper trail....get it in writing. If you're still having trouble, make a youtube video and send em' a link.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 06:49 PM   #29

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
By head guy, you mean Glenn Seiter?
Thunderbirdsport302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2015, 07:27 PM   #30
Supporting Member

MGMike .38
Worthless unsolicited advice: Forget all the above. Lose that gun, charge the loss to Education, and move on with your life.

Anything touted as "entry level" is built to a price. It's not a bargain, and there is no free lunch.

M
MGMike is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
defective barel ppx
latest walther ppx problems
ppx in production class
replacement barrel for walther ppx m1
walter ppx problems
walther ppx 40 recoil?
walther ppx for uspsa

walther ppx problems

walther ppx threaded barrel problems
Click on a term to search for related topics.