PPX Promo....Out of Stock??? - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2014, 07:58 PM   #1

upnorthwi .22
Angry PPX Promo....Out of Stock???

CDNN had the PPX with a great sale price. Also was the Walther PPX Promo.

The PPX Promo is for the holster, magazine and pouch free with purchase.

I buy 2 pistols, and go through the hassle of submitting the forms only to have a screen pop up.....OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!

So if and when they get them in, I have to resubmit everything again????

Why does Walther have nothing in stock!

First the PPQ M2, then the magazines, then the CCP and now this!

How can I be a good customer when you treat us like this????
upnorthwi is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-22-2014, 08:07 PM   #2

Candyman87 .22
At least its available in your state. Living in the capacity restricted state of NJ, I'm not even eligible for the promo... can't even get 10 rounders.

Your Neighborhood Friendly Candyman,
Tim
Candyman87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 08:48 PM   #3

ReaperTN .22
Dang it! I was supposed to get my stainless 9mm PPX delivered today to my LGS, it was a no show. Now you say I can't get my $100 worth of extra Walther goodies? I sure hope Walther will honor this promo. CDNN has the PPX mags for $19.99 each. I ordered an extra one when I ordered my PPX.
ReaperTN is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2014, 10:37 PM   #4

ret.08sunny .22
Really can't blame CDNN. The sale has been going on for approx. one month. Even as much as they stock, the price was outstanding and I'm sure whatever they had went fast. Hope it works out for you folks.
ret.08sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:32 AM   #5

skulls .22
Despite our enthusiasm I suppose two things:

Walther is nowadays a smaller handgun maker. Outside the US the civilian market is irrelevant and apart from two or three German state police forces (I think HK is doing more business with the German state) AFAIK hardly any agency or military has current model Walthers. And in the US civilian market Walther is a sideshow as well.

This translates into comparably few units solds globally of all models. Plus that the PPX is new, competes with the P99 and PPQ and market acceptance is as of yet untested. Could easily go sideways if quirks occur and create a lot of negative buzz online.

Long story short, I suppose they're not pumping out PPXes but produce as needed and ordered in order not to end up on a heap of unsellable PPXes. I also don't see police and military going PPX for several reasons.

It's a great home defense, fun range and service-weapon sporting gun but I don't see huge sales numbers in its future. Glock 17 or 19 it will never be.

I kind of think it is also a marketing tool of Umarex/Walther to get ppl into the brand and then have them upgrade to a PPQ. Walther currently definitely is listening to the market (unlike others - I'm looking at you Herr Glock) and is highly dynamic. Maybe having been bought by a toy manufacturer did them good? ;-)
skulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:19 AM   #6

upnorthwi .22
I have no problem with CDNN, they were super! I ordered 2 Sunday night and they were in my hand Wednesday afternoon.

I'm just aggravated that Walther has the promo and doesn't have the "kits" to send out to customers.

The frustrating thing is you can go to their website and order the 3 items separately...they're in stock!

It would make sense if they are out of the "kit" to be able to put the items in the cart and still use the promo code.

Or maybe like one comment, they'll wait for the sale of the gun and then put the promo kit together.

It would be nice to know what happened to my "submission" or if I'll have to do it over again.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:21 AM   #7

muckaleewarrior71 .22
If an intention of the PPX is to hope the owner will want to buy a PPQ or a P99, then Walther may have shot themselves somewhat in the foot by offering the PPX. Someone like me who stumbled upon the PPX almost 2 yrs ago, bought one, and enjoyed it so much I bought a second PPX in .40 S&W is pretty happy with what I have. One day I plan to add on a P99 and then maybe a PPQ, but I'm in no hurry. It's only a want at this point and not a need. At least Walther got me to their brand which may have been their primary intention with this gun. Who knows?

Happy shooting!
upnorthwi and QuietTim like this.

P99 & P99c AS 9mm, PPX .40, PPS M2 9mm, and
PPQ M1 9mm!

Last edited by muckaleewarrior71; 10-23-2014 at 05:24 AM.
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:21 AM   #8

upnorthwi .22
ReaperTN,

I don't know about the 9mm, I ordered mine in 40. They may have the 9 in stock
Old 10-23-2014, 05:26 AM   #9

upnorthwi .22
Candyman87, I'm so sorry to hear that about your state. Is it illegal to have hi capacity in your state or just buy? Is your long lost brother from another state able to give you his hi capacity mags?
Old 10-23-2014, 09:20 AM   #10
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
You can actually look at this as a good thing. The PPX is catching on, and people are buying Walters.
MillerMpls and upnorthwi like this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
how long does the walther ppx promo take

ppx promo

ppx promo not happening
ppx promo website

walther arms ppx promo

walther ppx handgun promtion problems

walther ppx promo

walther ppx promo instructions

walther ppx rebate

walther prmo ppx
walther rebate status
walthersarms.com/ppxpromo/redeemrebate
Click on a term to search for related topics.