WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 07:52 PM   #21

bunk22 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Check the owner's manual. Walther does not recommend +P and +P+ ammo in its pistols. You'll also find many references to this by running a search; it's been covered in a number of threads.
It can handle +p ammo, like has said it will require more mnx. Of course 95% of the ammo that comes out of my PPX, hell, any of my handguns actually, is FMJ. I normally shoot +p at first or +p+ depending on the gun when I first get it to make sure the gun runs with it.
Register
Old 05-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #22
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
It'll handle it, all right, right up until the time when it doesn't. We've seen those photos, some of which have been posted on this very forum. But it's your pistol, your call ... even if Walther specifically advises against it.
muckaleewarrior71 likes this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 04:09 PM   #23

bunk22 .22
Quote:
It'll handle it, all right, right up until the time when it doesn't. We've seen those photos, some of which have been posted on this very forum. But it's your pistol, your call ... even if Walther specifically advises against it.
Yeah? Show us those PPX's that have failed with +p ammo then. Hey, I'm pretty sure all guns work until they don't lol Not a good argument That makes me laugh. The PPX can handle it, end of story.

Old 05-14-2013, 06:36 PM   #24
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
I was referencing Walther firearms/firearms in general that advise against using puffed-up ammo, and yeah, we have seen those photos. Right here, in fact. But again, it's your pistol and your call. Have at it and have some fun with it. Post up some photos when the time comes.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by searcher451; 05-14-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2013, 07:42 PM   #25

muckaleewarrior71 .22
Being able to put some accurate quality JHPs on whatever threat arises is all I want to do but hopefully never have to. I have no plans on using overpressure ammo in my PPX, but it is mine. Those that choose to do so, will and probably have always used it. Maybe they'll have more repairs down the road, but it's their PPX. One day maybe we'll see some hardcore results for this gun using that type ammo. Until then, happy shooting!
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:10 AM   #26

bunk22 .22
Quote:
I was referencing Walther firearms/firearms in general that advise against using puffed-up ammo, and yeah, we have seen those photos. Right here, in fact. But again, it's your pistol and your call. Have at it and have some fun with it. Post up some photos when the time comes.
I will certainly do so though worried about it, I am not. Some of us crawl through life, some of us like to stand upright and walk, unafraid. I think I can risk this one lol Gotta love the internet
Old 05-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #27
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk22 View Post
Gotta love the internet
Agreed. 'Cause you never know what you are going to get on the other side of the discussion. This exchange is a good example.

The caution about +P and +P+ ammo is worth heeding, for those with an open mind and a bit of respect for the engineers who built the pistols, anyway. Bad things can (and do) happen at times if the recommendations aren't followed, dspite the number of emoticons and LOLs attached to a note of dismissal ... and again, it's your pistol: do what you want.

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...c-failure.html

Μολὼν λαβέ

Last edited by searcher451; 05-15-2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old 05-15-2013, 09:40 PM   #28

bunk22 .22
I can find Glocks, Sigs, etc with the same sort of damage...all cleared for +p and +p+. So there's one failure, out of how many? So I shot 100 rounds of 115gr FMJ and 50 rounds of 124gr +p today. So worried the gun was going to blow up or completely shatter into 1000 pieces!!! Damn, I was lucky!!
Old 05-15-2013, 11:58 PM   #29

Boogs .22
For the range? Anything you can find.

For self defense? Consider doing some reading and make an informed decision: Best Choices for Self Defense Ammo

Shouldn't matter that it's coming out of a PPX, 9mm is 9mm is 9mm is 9mm. Not much really changes coming from a PPX as it would a PPQ or P99. What matters is comfort with the platform, accuracy, as well as reliability.

I'm with searcher: steer clear of the +P+, there is just not a need. Even though Walther "kind of" says +P is "alright", I still avoid it.

Might as well ask what oil works best-- check that link and do some of your own reading, then get out and see what works!
Old 05-25-2013, 07:28 AM   #30

muckaleewarrior71 .22
Made my regular Saturday morning visit to Walmart today and they had 9mm ammo just in so I picked some more Federal. I have enough FMJs now to practice with, time to check into some more JHPs I've been reading about. I'll see what they have at the Gun Show that's coming to town next weekend. Hopefully they'll have good stuff that's not too high.

Ready to hit the range!

P99 & P99c AS 9mm, PPX .40, PPS M2 9mm, and
PPQ M1 9mm!
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
ammo for walther ppx
ammo for walther ppx 9mm
best ammo for ppx

best ammo for walther ppx

best ammo for walther ppx 9mm

best ammunition for walther ppx 9mm

walther ppx 9mm

walther ppx 9mm ammo

walther ppx 9mm p

walther ppx ammo

walther ppx p

walther ppx p ammo

Click on a term to search for related topics.