WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree132Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2013, 11:32 AM   #11

rifleshooter474 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevosis View Post
Lol there are a very very few places that have 1 or 2 boxes of 50 at a time, but you have to be there when they unload the shipment. Most I have bought was from the handgun instructor that I have taken CCW and the advanced classes from, not for taken home but just for shooting for the classes. He has a friend who has a friend who knows where they can be had. He don't tell and I dare not ask!! =P
Well if this makes you happy, having this nice Ammo. deal for yourself and knowing that many of your fellow forum members are without even 50 rounds to shoot. Then enjoy shooting all the rounds.
rifleshooter474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-17-2013, 11:49 AM   #12

Crevosis .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
Well if this makes you happy, having this nice Ammo. deal for yourself and knowing that many of your fellow forum members are without even 50 rounds to shoot. Then enjoy shooting all the rounds.
I can assure you, if I was fortunate enough to have access to AMMOLESS training class to better train for self protection I would. That would save me A LOT of money. But until then I have lil choice but pay out the nose or not take classes that I feel will be good for mine and others safety.

It should be noted too that of all those rounds, not 1 single round was shot for the sake of just to shoot. Every last one has been in the training class.

Last edited by Crevosis; 04-17-2013 at 11:52 AM.
Crevosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 12:49 PM   #13

rifleshooter474 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crevosis View Post
I can assure you, if I was fortunate enough to have access to AMMOLESS training class to better train for self protection I would. That would save me A LOT of money. But until then I have lil choice but pay out the nose or not take classes that I feel will be good for mine and others safety.

It should be noted too that of all those rounds, not 1 single round was shot for the sake of just to shoot. Every last one has been in the training class.
You have redeemed yourself in my eyes.
P22shooter likes this.
rifleshooter474 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-17-2013, 12:56 PM   #14

Crevosis .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
You have redeemed yourself in my eyes.
Lol ty . Ty for helping me see where I was not clear. Btw I agree with ya, ammo is in too short of supply fromthe scalpers to just shoot it up!
P22shooter likes this.
Old 04-17-2013, 03:05 PM   #15

Bronxbomber252 .22
Ah, then I too have an instructor in the panhandle with an apparent hook up on ammo LOL.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 PM   #16

Mortamer .22
As a new owner of a Walther PPX 9mm, it has met and exceeded my expectations. I found the PPX to be easy to use, easy to break down and clean, and very accurate. The grip, trigger, and sights are amazing. The magazine action is flawless. I was a bit concerned about the gun always being cocked. But, I simply leave the firing chamber empty. This is my first personal weapon and exactly what I needed for home defense.
Crevosis and P22shooter like this.
Mortamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:54 PM   #17

Crevosis .22
Glad you like it Mort. Glad we could help you find out what was up with the stovepipe
Mortamer likes this.
Old 04-27-2013, 08:29 PM   #18

majette .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortamer View Post
But, I simply leave the firing chamber empty. This is my first personal weapon and exactly what I needed for home defense.
not the best practice. it is made to have a round loaded in the chamber. your main safety practice is to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

I understand your concern but you need to practice and train more to be comfortable with the gun so it can be deployed the proper way if need arises. would you have a revolver and only load 5 of the 6 rounds with the hammer resting on an empty chamber? while it will work it is not the best practice.
----------------------------
majette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 09:32 PM   #19

TSR6 .22
Crevosis:

#1 - You said anything I could ever say about this gun.

#2 - Thanks for sharing my video.

Last edited by searcher451; 04-28-2013 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Bandwidth
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 02:24 AM   #20

Riogrande481 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by majette View Post
not the best practice. it is made to have a round loaded in the chamber. your main safety practice is to keep your finger off the trigger until you are ready to shoot.

I understand your concern but you need to practice and train more to be comfortable with the gun so it can be deployed the proper way if need arises. would you have a revolver and only load 5 of the 6 rounds with the hammer resting on an empty chamber? while it will work it is not the best practice.
I carry my faithful reproduction SAA revolver with only 5 rounds loaded, but I fully understand and agree with your point. Training and becoming familiar with your gun is a must. Keep making the videos by the way!
Riogrande481 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
ppx magazines
ppx problems
ppx torture test
sp2022 ppx
walther ppx
walther ppx accuracy
walther ppx forum
walther ppx issues
walther ppx laser light combo
walther ppx magazine

walther ppx problems

walther ppx reliability
Click on a term to search for related topics.