Not sure the PPX is a good buy - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2013, 06:15 AM   #21

BamaPPQ .22
IMO , Walther hit a home run with this gun. It's unique and has a trigger thats not like any other in it's class. It was made to introduce buyers to the Walther brand. People that buy this handgun will buy other Walthers in the future without a doubt.
BamaPPQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-28-2013, 07:53 AM   #22
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
The PPX is a good home defense and range gun but the trigger is effectively a fully cocked single action with a light first stage. That may cause some AD's if it's used as a carry gun. I sure wouldn't want one in my SmartCarry...
Jaems likes this.
Old 12-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #23

islwgst .22
I bought my PPX for $339 and love it.
My Glock came with 3 mags and I only paid $425 for it brand new.
islwgst is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #24

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
I've handled one and dry fired it a bit at a LGS, and while it's something I'll end up with eventually, at this point, it's a want, and not a need. I lack not for CC tools. I have my choice of 6 to decide from..

I can pack a PPQ since I typically wear an extra shirt in the colder months, once summer hits, I'll be wearing a P99c or a PPS when I absolutely want to have final work in being discreet.

I'm also not a great big guy, 5'11", around a buck 80, and concealing the PPQ is child's play. As my holster continues to break in, I'll quite possibly wear it up until I decide to wear tank tops again.

But, the PPX is a tad bigger than the Q, but I'd give 'er a shot with a Theis after the holster was broken in and fitted to me side. LOL.

Now if Walther would only make some with paddles...(I know...yeah effing right!)
Old 12-21-2013, 07:05 PM   #25

Jaems .22
I agree with Milspec the PPX, also my G19 and PPQ navy are good for Home Defense, maybe in a shoulder holster or outside leg holster. For cc there are better Walthers out there for that.
Milspec likes this.
Jaems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:41 PM   #26

ret.08sunny .22
PPX carry and price

Best bang for the buck I've purchased in a long time, $360.00. Shoots great and takes just about any 9 mm ammo I fed it. Almost 700 rounds and not one problem. A bit bulky sure, but most folks who see it ask what brand it is and like it. Carry for me is fine during the winter, to bulky in the summer. Great home defender, family members are confident and comfortable handling it. Took a while for holsters to come on line. But there are several out there now. So are spare mags. Just like anything else, it's all about personal preference. I do own and carry other handguns. This is just one more tool in the box that I can depend on.
ret.08sunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:44 PM   #27
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
I finally got mine to the range and agree: It's a great buy, especially considering that some folks are paying as much to get the PK380. The PPX is a real pistol, substantially built, and an excellent bet for the money.
BlitzPig, right2bear and Jaems like this.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 08:22 PM   #28

Scott99 .22
I bought mine at the gun show this weekend. Paid 324 out the door for it. Did I want a PPQ? Yes, but at that price I couldn't say no.
Scott99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
buy walther ppx
holster for walther ppx
is walther ppx a good gun
ppx for sale
ppx holster
walther ppx 9mm for sale
walther ppx any good
walther ppx buy

walther ppx for sale

walther ppx holster
walther ppx magazine for sale
walther ppx warranty
Click on a term to search for related topics.