WaltherForums

WaltherForums (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/)
-   PPX (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/)
-   -   Handled a PPX (https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/ppx/27655-handled-ppx.html)

dekostop 02-08-2013 07:15 AM

Handled a PPX

My LGS received a PPX 9mm yesterday. Went to check it out. I have small hands and it did not feel right...it actually felt downright "cheap".
The only proofmark i could find was the eagle over N. No proofhouse mark for Ulm or Cologne. They are asking $469 for it. I was initially considering getting one, but after handling her yesterday i will not.

searcher451 02-08-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dekostop (Post 242218)
No proofhouse mark for Ulm or Cologne.

It must have proof marks from somewhere. :confused:

balance 02-08-2013 09:55 AM

How is the trigger as far as smoothness, weight, break, reset?

Quote:

It must have proof marks from somewhere. :confused:
TANFOGLIO's PPX has the Ulm proof on the serial number plate on the accessory rail.

dekostop 02-08-2013 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balance (Post 242278)
How is the trigger as far as smoothness, weight, break, reset?

TANFOGLIO's PPX has the Ulm proof on the serial number plate on the accessory rail.

well...i did not look there..i was concentrating on the slide and ,geez...dont know the technical term for it, at the barrel where the bullet goes in..(breach) ? it says 9x19mm and the eagle over n. same on the slide...i did not even consider the accessory rail...trigger was smooth. the gun just did not have a solid feel. i know that is all subjective so dont beat me up over it. she might feel better when loaded due to the added weight but still did not feel comfortable in my hands.

ErichS 02-08-2013 05:00 PM

Well it is their budget gun after all so it won't be up to the same standards as the P99 for example. I have no interest in it at all.

yellowlt4 02-08-2013 11:33 PM

Thanks for the input but I'll wait till I get my hands on. Based on Tangfolios pics and the few youtube videos it doesn't look cheap at all.

Mig1 02-09-2013 07:29 AM

How did you like the Walther implementation of the button mag release?

dekostop 02-09-2013 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mig1 (Post 242562)
How did you like the Walther implementation of the button mag release?

i have a few guns with button release.... on the PPX it was in the right spot and not as awkward. I am actually looking forward to the M2 PPQ and hope it will be identically comfortable, although i prefer the paddles.

searcher451 02-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ErichS (Post 242425)
Well it is their budget gun after all ...

The question, then, is whether it falls in line (and league and bed) with other Walther "budget" models, like the P22 and the PK380, or whether it's truly a less-expensive version of a well-made Walther polymer pistol.

Chadwick99 02-09-2013 09:58 AM

Being that I haven't handled it yet myself I don't want to be to hard but it looks cheap and I don't understand where Walther or Umarex was going with this one.