Handled a PPX - Page 4 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #31

Firemanjones .22
I handled a PPX yesterday, I was not impressed. I like the PPQ better. If I were to purchase another Walther it would be a P99AS.
Milspec likes this.
Firemanjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 02-22-2013, 08:11 PM   #32

Sundevil827 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firemanjones View Post
If I were to purchase another Walther it would be a P99AS.
Don't say "if" give in and say "when"!

Sorry I could not resist!
Sundevil827 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:26 AM   #33

legion3 .22
Must say tge ppx left me unimpressed too. Looked and felt cheap and seemed like a bb gun copy of a real pistol. Looked like a refined hi-point with its tall blocky slide.

No thank you. Those who have them and like them enjoy them but I will be looking more for something else...like the ppq m2 in 5 inch.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-23-2013, 09:58 AM   #34
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Proof once again, no doubt, that firearms are not a one-size-fits-all proposition. I won't make up my mind until I'm able to get one out to a range and fire off some rounds. A look/see and handle-grab heft-check isn't going to do it.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:33 PM   #35

Cat91 .22
You know, I liked the PPX I looked at. I liked the trigger particularly, and I thought it felt decently built. It's a little topheavy but I bet it's a soft shooter in 9mm. Assuming you can locate 9mm ammo to shoot in it. that stuff is like platinum around here. Wait, I think platinum is easier to get.
Cat91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 02:43 PM   #36
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Proof once again, no doubt, that firearms are not a one-size-fits-all proposition. I won't make up my mind until I'm able to get one out to a range and fire off some rounds. A look/see and handle-grab heft-check isn't going to do it.
Excellent point. There's nothing inherently wrong with the PPX but it has design features to allow it to be inexpensively produced.
Just remember to read the Walther manual warnings on "staging" the trigger.

Last edited by Milspec; 02-23-2013 at 03:30 PM.
Milspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 PM   #37

spitfire .22
Keep in mind that the PPX is the entry level pistol for Walther. A cut-down in cost of ownership is expected and so it is.
What you need to ask is do you get a Walther feel when point and shoot? I think it does, haven't tried one but it looks like it.

Finding the right ammo is not Walther's fault. A combat style pistol is designed with .40 or 9mm in mind. Isn't this the idea behind the PPQ or P99?
spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #38
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
The PPX should sell well to P22 and PK .380 owners who want a bigger gun. Personally, I'd like to see Walther focus on technology and performance rather than fighting Ruger, Taurus, and Bersa for a share of the "nice gun for the money" market.
searcher451 likes this.
Old 02-24-2013, 06:41 AM   #39

legion3 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by spitfire View Post
Keep in mind that the PPX is the entry level pistol for Walther. A cut-down in cost of ownership is expected and so it is.
What you need to ask is do you get a Walther feel when point and shoot? I think it does, haven't tried one but it looks like it.

Finding the right ammo is not Walther's fault. A combat style pistol is designed with .40 or 9mm in mind. Isn't this the idea behind the PPQ or P99?
Well it felt ok in general but as I was able to hold both the ppq m2 and a ppx at the same the ppx felt far less appealing in comparisson.
legion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 10:40 AM   #40

elDiabloLoco .22
Quote:
Right-o. Although after seeking out and handling one yesterday, I now also partially agree with the original post. For me the PPX felt like a tree-trunk compared to the very comfortable grip on the PPQ. Also handled the P99, which I had not seen in the wild before(having never looked for one). PPX grip is large enogh to make it a deal breaker. P99 was way more comfortable in the paw.

Too bad. An affordable Walther was appealing. The glove didn't fit. No need to fire it.....

Also thought that the bore axis on the PPX seemed awfully high.

If my hands were larger, I'd maybe still be interested. I guess I need to wait on a deal on a P99 or PPQ - the PPX won't work for me, regardless of its other qualities. Lack thereof will not be an issue.

good luck to all...
elDiabloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page

can a walther ppx handle p ammo

can i fire p ammo in my walther ppx
can walther ppx handle p ammo
how to do a trigger reset on ppx hand gun
large hands walther ppx 9mm
p250 trigger or ppx trigger?
walther german proof mark ppx

walther ppx 9mm

walther ppx magazines for sale
walther ppx proof mark

walther ppx proof marks

walther ppx safety
Click on a term to search for related topics.