Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 08:37 AM   #31
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
I liked the trigger on my P5. It was a good trigger IMO.
The P5's trigger is still good, in my view. Excellent, in fact. There's just no accounting for taste.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #32

balance .22
Quote:
The P5's trigger is still good, in my view. Excellent, in fact. There's just no accounting for taste.
I agree.

Just to clarify, the only reason I put a "was" in there, was because I was speaking of my own experience with the P5 and its trigger. I don't own a P5 anymore.

I loved the design of the decocker/slide release. I only wish it was ambidextrous.
searcher451 likes this.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 09:52 PM   #33

Chadwick99 .22
Has anyone else noticed the extremely high bore axis on the PPX?
Chadwick99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 11:59 PM   #34

MFWIC .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadwick99 View Post
Has anyone else noticed the extremely high bore axis on the PPX?
I did.. doesnt bother me at all tho. High bore axis doesnt mean bad pistol, H&K, beretta, Sig Sauer, Springfield, etc..if a high bore axis was such a horror of a feature these would all be dead brands.

Low bore axis are nice if you can get it tho admittedly, just not a deal breaker for most else steyr and caracal would be the most popular brands.

The few vids I've seen of the PPX being shot (shot show vids), all I hear regarding commentary is positive, but of course we'll see how it is in action once more folks shoot and review it.
MFWIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:28 AM   #35

BlitzPig .22
I have so called "high bore axis" pistols and "low bore axis" pistols.

I don't understand all the fuss over it.

It may make a small difference to a novice handgun shooter, but it has never been an issue for me, even back when I was a complete "n00b" with handguns.

Oh, you never hear revolver shooters complain about it. I have those too...
Old 02-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #36

elDiabloLoco .22
Quote:
In referencing cheap models, I am merely saying it is a feel this may be adding to that number ...Might as well pick up a P99 for a hundred more, right?
That's easy to say if you have an ample supply of cash for luxuries. A few hundred here, a thousand there, no big deal.

Those of us who don't, probably a larger group than those who do, are happy to see a company with good reputation introduce a product that is priced within our realm of possibilities. One man's "cheap junk" is very possibly another guy's "best option".

If a good entry level model helps keep the manufacturer in the black, that's a good thing for the whole line. Its not like every other model has been "insulted". They are pistols.....they are inanimate - they don't care.

No?
elDiabloLoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #37
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by BPman View Post
Same polymer & same steel as their other 9mm/.40 S&W guns. They have merely cut prices to be more competetive and probably more due to streamlining the manufacturing process.

It's a combat handgun, not a safe queen.
It's not the "same polymer and same steel"...it's built like a toy. "Combat handgun"......
It hurts to laugh at my age but I couldn't help myself. I have a PPX right here. It's a usable nightstand gun and a Viridian C5L fits nicely on the accessory rail. But it really is an "economy" model...made using castings and plastic in place of machined steel. It's a Umarex replica of a Walther for home defense sales. You need to see the plastic in the slide to understand what I mean..

Last edited by Milspec; 02-22-2013 at 08:11 AM.
Milspec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:37 AM   #38
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Thanks for that insight, Milspec. Hate to say it, but it doesn't sound encouraging. We're talking about a downgrade from the P99 but an upgrade from P22. In a word, Yikes!

Μολὼν λαβέ
Old 02-22-2013, 12:41 PM   #39
Supporting Member

Milspec .38
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Thanks for that insight, Milspec. Hate to say it, but it doesn't sound encouraging. We're talking about a downgrade from the P99 but an upgrade from P22. In a word, Yikes!
That's a pretty good description. It's actually an interesting gun though. The breech face is wide and flat with an insert and the extractor reducing the size to 9mm. Change these two parts plus the barrel and magazine and you have a .40. In fact the PPX mag is the same width as my HK USPc .45. If the hole in the slide were a bit larger my USP barrel would fit right in place. The PPX is weirdly massive for a 9mm but scaled nicely for a .45acp. I'd expect to see it offered in all three calibers shortly.
searcher451 likes this.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:06 PM   #40
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Thanks for that report, Milspec. Very nice. No sign of them out my way, to buy or look at or ... anything else. I would like to take a look, at least.

Μολὼν λαβέ

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
does the walther ppx have a safety
p99 vs ppx
ppx vs p99

walther p99 vs ppx

walther ppq vs ppx
walther ppx

walther ppx review

walther ppx reviews

walther ppx safety

walther ppx safety features

walther ppx vs p99

walther ppx vs ppq

Click on a term to search for related topics.