WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2013, 05:19 PM   #21

Boogs .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post
The gun either has merit or it doesn't. The Walther Banner has been so cheapened that it's meaningless.

M
Couldn't agree more, M. I would say that is true if the PPX had a reputation, but since there is not much to go off at this juncture, you have to rely on the reputation of the company stamped on the slide.

In referencing cheap models, I am merely saying it is a feel this may be adding to that number ...Might as well pick up a P99 for a hundred more, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lechiffre View Post
Glock was not exactly "competing" in the normal sense.

Glock did not play a huge part in the transition from revolver to semi auto, that was split between S&W, Beretta, and SIG/Sauer.

Glock cleaned up on the switch from 9mm to .40 S&W. they did so with low ball / free pricing and taking those Sigs, Berettas, and S&Ws in trade. Making up for their losses by selling the trade ins.
Thank you for the correction! I still believe it is a bit late to be joining the party
Old 01-23-2013, 06:06 PM   #22

balance .22
Quote:
Couldn't agree more, M. I would say that is true if the PPX had a reputation, but since there is not much to go off at this juncture, you have to rely on the reputation of the company stamped on the slide.

In referencing cheap models, I am merely saying it is a feel this may be adding to that number ...Might as well pick up a P99 for a hundred more, right?
I think what we also have to go on at the moment, are the features of the pistol as well, since not many of us have handled one or shot one yet. I would wait until having done one, or preferably both of these actions, before I would make a decision on whether or not I liked or disliked the pistol.

Quote:
Thank you for the correction! I still believe it is a bit late to be joining the party
I disagree. I applaud new releases to the market. It gives more people more choices. I hope Caracal does well, and I hope H&K will someday release their rumored striker fired polymer pistol.

This pistol market here is already crowded. To say that no pistol should be released in a crowded market, would be the same as saying no more new pistol designs should be released.

The PPX is not a Glock copy.
olsoul, MFWIC and BlitzPig like this.
balance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #23
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
I have a P5. Why on earth would I even consider looking at this thing? I have a far better design without any miracle plastic or Umarex baggage. Sad to think I have the epitome of Walther craftsmanship in my collection and it's 30 year the PPX's elder.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 PM   #24

BPman .22
Hey, why are the majority of posts being made by haters? If you don't like/want/approve of Walther's new entry then move on. Go post in a Forum where you like the product and quit trolling/crapping in this Forum. Ridiculous the amount of nitpicking whiners.
BPman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 11:44 PM   #25

Boogs .22
Haters? Can't speak for everyone obviously, but think most of us are on this forum for a reason, and it isn't related to hate

I was very interested in the PPX, and excited for the additional moves Walther would make, being let down is quite different than hating.

What is the point in exclusively reading, learning, or critiquing things I "like"? I would be a pretty one dimensional human being, but I guess that's alright if one wants to be simple.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #26

balance .22
Quote:
I have a P5. Why on earth would I even consider looking at this thing? I have a far better design without any miracle plastic or Umarex baggage. Sad to think I have the epitome of Walther craftsmanship in my collection and it's 30 year the PPX's elder.
Twice the capacity, lighter DA trigger pull, consistent trigger pull, and cheaper mags to name a few. I would ask how the P5 is better than the modern polymer Walther pistols, like the P99, PPQ, or this new PPX from what we know about it so far?

I had a P5 too. Polymer pistols don't have the same feel of quality as the pistols made 30 years ago, IMO. No manufacturer is making pistols today, that are higher quality than the pistols they made 30 years ago, IMO.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:13 AM   #27
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by balance View Post
I had a P5 too. Polymer pistols don't have the same feel of quality as the pistols made 30 years ago, IMO. No manufacturer is making pistols today, that are higher quality than the pistols they made 30 years ago, IMO.
Agreed on both points, balance, which is probably why PilotSteve maintains, and I heartily agree, that the P5 is superior to the polymer pistols being produced today. I love the P99 and the 99C; they are terrific firearms, made with care, exuding craftsmanship. But they aren't a P5 in the hand. That one remains Walther's best effort, in my view. (If it had a 15 round capacity, it would be perfect.)

As to the PPX, I won't know until I see it, hold it, examine it, shoot it, clean it, pull it apart a bit to see what they did.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:36 PM   #28
Super Moderator

Pilotsteve .22
Quote:
Twice the capacity, lighter DA trigger pull, consistent trigger pull, and cheaper mags to name a few. I would ask how the P5 is better than the modern polymer Walther pistols, like the P99, PPQ, or this new PPX from what we know about it so far?
Not to drift off topic, but if I can't hit what I'm aiming at with any of the nine rounds my P5 is capable of holding I'm not going to hit it with anything short of a garden hose. To find fault in the P5's trigger is a weak argument. Still, I'm compelled to agree with both Balance and Searcher in one regard - until I actually try one (VERY unlikely to happen in Nazichusetts with it's "approved firearm roster" and magazine limits), I cannot bemoan this new polymer offering with credibility.

-Pilotsteve
Pilotsteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:06 PM   #29

balance .22
Quote:
Not to drift off topic, but if I can't hit what I'm aiming at with any of the nine rounds my P5 is capable of holding I'm not going to hit it with anything short of a garden hose. To find fault in the P5's trigger is a weak argument.
I liked the trigger on my P5. It was a good trigger IMO. But DA/SA pistols are losing popularity, and constant action pistols are gaining in popularity. I'm not saying the trigger on the PPX is better than the P5, I'm saying more people these days seem to prefer trigger actions where they have the same pull from the first to the last shot.

Look at the P99 and PPQ as examples. The P99, a DA/SA pistol, was out for 15 years, and while a lot of people appreciated its features, it never really became as popular as the PPQ has become within 2 years of its release. All the PPQ really is, IMO, is a P99 with the DA trigger pull taken out of the design. More people these days are preferring consistent triggers.
Old 01-27-2013, 10:42 PM   #30

MFWIC .22
Quote:
I liked the trigger on my P5. It was a good trigger IMO. But DA/SA pistols are losing popularity, and constant action pistols are gaining in popularity. I'm not saying the trigger on the PPX is better than the P5, I'm saying more people these days seem to prefer trigger actions where they have the same pull from the first to the last shot.

Look at the P99 and PPQ as examples. The P99, a DA/SA pistol, was out for 15 years, and while a lot of people appreciated its features, it never really became as popular as the PPQ has become within 2 years of its release. All the PPQ really is, IMO, is a P99 with the DA trigger pull taken out of the design. More people these days are preferring consistent triggers.
right..

Also I have an ongoing theory that a goodly number of newly interested owners of P99's are in fact also newer owners of the PPQ as for a number of folks (myself included) living in a Glock world, the Walther offerings were not necessarily on their radar.
MFWIC is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
does the walther ppx have a safety
p99 vs ppx
ppx vs p99

walther p99 vs ppx

walther ppq vs ppx
walther ppx

walther ppx review

walther ppx reviews

walther ppx safety

walther ppx safety features

walther ppx vs p99

walther ppx vs ppq

Click on a term to search for related topics.