WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Like Tree17Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2013, 11:33 PM   #11

janosfia .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by AoxoMoxoA View Post
It looks like a pistol made of Lego blocks...
LOL!

The first thing I thought of when I saw the PPX was, "Kind of reminds me of my Ruger SR22."
janosfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 AM   #12

Viper45 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towns View Post
I am intrigued. Like most, I'm curious to see how it will balance economy and quality. I don't see it replacing my P99. Most importantly, I highly favor the paddle magazine release, which the PPX does not have.
Same here, I think I actually prefer the paddle release as well. If that's the only change it might not be enough for me. That said i guess I don't know that I could purchase a pistol (from any company) knowing this little information about it and what it's competitors are supposed to be.

*edit* After reading the long thread here about its purpose... I guess I don't have any use for an "entry" level pistol, unless it was offered in .45ACP. Which if you think about it is odd that it's not, since most of the speculation is aimed at the "American market" where we love our .45ACP's. That said, I guess I'm past entry level pistols and have an expectation of quality & finish I've come to except from my first (a P99AS). Regardless, I don't think this pistol is being marketed towards me.

Last edited by Viper45; 01-12-2013 at 03:07 AM.
Viper45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 01:18 AM   #13

Curzen .22
the grip seems very long. a (sub)compact model would get me more excited. Would still like to see one in person though.
Curzen is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #14

Guevera .22
As a gone Walther fan, I feel strangely attracted to what at first glimpse seems like a hugely ugly firearm. Nevertheless, I'm going to reserve opinion until I see one in the flesh. In the current climate of panic buying, though, it may be some time before I actually find one to examine.
Guevera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:21 AM   #15

SmackytheFrog .22
I'm open to it, as someone else said. Not excited about it, but if it shoots great and is as tough a my other Walthers, then I could give it an honest shot.
SmackytheFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:47 PM   #16
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
Purchase of the PPX depends greatly on whether its overall quality resembles the PPQ/PPQ or the P22/PK380. These days, you never know until you get to examine it up close. The new .22 caliber pistol that Walther is offering in a few weeks that looks like a PPK is, in fact, another P22-quality handgun. Cool as it may look, no thanks. If this one is the same, the answer will be the same.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:28 AM   #17

SmackytheFrog .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
Purchase of the PPX depends greatly on whether its overall quality resembles the PPQ/PPQ or the P22/PK380. These days, you never know until you get to examine it up close. The new .22 caliber pistol that Walther is offering in a few weeks that looks like a PPK is, in fact, another P22-quality handgun. Cool as it may look, no thanks. If this one is the same, the answer will be the same.
How do you know the quality level of the ppk 22? Have you already had hand on? Just curious.
SmackytheFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:12 AM   #18
Super Moderator

searcher451 .22
https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/p...22-coming.html

Take a read through this one, which has been active for some time.

Μολὼν λαβέ
searcher451 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 08:31 PM   #19

MFWIC .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhinoh View Post
As an owner of two PPS's, a P22, and two P99's I am not interested in it at all. The grip looks like a cow hoof or something and it is not striker fired it appears...
lol..'cow hoof'..All the while I was thinking "griffin claw" but I suppose I hyped it up because I plan to get one.

Yep, I plan to get one, I'm one of those that still has a soft spot for hammer fired pistols, the price point seems sweet, its a Walther made by Walther, I dont have one and I'm curious and not much of a renter of firearms.

Do suppose it looks a tad blocky but that has simply not concerned me at all..I own 4 glocks and will pick up two gen 4 10mm as soon as they are availablle, the looks of those have nothing at all to do with deterring me from owning them.

I like the sound of the light trigger DAO hammer fired pistol largely because its a mechanism I dont have much in my modest collection (have a H&K P30 w-LEM trigger). An alternative to my DA/SA and SAO hammer fired pistols if you will..

No grand philosophy or high-browed explanations..Just been intrigued since I've heard of it and want one..

Last edited by MFWIC; 01-13-2013 at 08:34 PM.
MFWIC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:19 PM   #20

BessonGuy Unproven
Quote:
Originally Posted by searcher451 View Post
This echoes my thoughts, only better stated. Thanks Searcher.

Don
BessonGuy is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Search tags for this page
pk380 vs ppx
ppx price
ppx vs p07 duty
price of ppx
ruger ppx
used walther ppx price
walther pk380 vs ppx

walther ppx 9mm review

walther ppx dry fire

walther ppx for sale

walther ppx prices

walther ppx review

Click on a term to search for related topics.