PPX on layaway in the Pawn Shop - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2019, 12:49 PM   #1

Wiredog .22
PPX on layaway in the Pawn Shop

I roam pawn shops for Walthers and spotted a PPX yesterday. When I inspected the mags and sniffed the Chamber (yeah I'm weird like that) it looks as if it was never fired. No noticeable wear marks or scratches on mags, don't smell gun cleaner and ramp is unblemished. Not in a big rush and so I put it on layaway but will probably buy it out next month.

PPX isn't a sexy looker but I have a PPQ45 and CCP and just love Walthers. Curious from all y'all PPX owners any major things you like about it compared to the other hardware that you own?

Last edited by Wiredog; 04-07-2019 at 12:53 PM. Reason: grammar
Wiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 04-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #2
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiredog View Post

When I inspected the mags and sniffed the Chamber (yeah I'm weird like that) it looks as if it was never fired. No noticeable wear marks or scratches on mags, don't smell gun cleaner and ramp is unblemished.

Brings back memories of high school. I was always on the lookout for a never been used, or gently used PPX.

Last edited by imaoldfart; 04-07-2019 at 01:30 PM.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 01:51 PM   #3

Thunderbirdsport302 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaoldfart View Post
Brings back memories of high school. I was always on the lookout for a never been used, or gently used PPX.
I think the thing there is...if you can smell the chamber from more a few inches away, it probably needs a deep cleaning, and one should find a more....pristine model...

Old 04-07-2019, 03:49 PM   #4

muckaleewarrior71 .22
Quote:
PPX isn't a sexy looker but I have a PPQ45 and CCP and just love Walthers. Curious from all y'all PPX owners any major things you like about it compared to the other hardware that you own?
Since you have a Q45 then you have its fraternal twin on layaway. I've had three PPXs and still have one. It's a great shooter as compared to my PPQ and P99s. It can run right with them. The only issue is it being bulkier which would impact concealed carry if that was a buyer's plan. It's a good gun to have in the stable and I'll be keeping mine.

P99 & P99c AS 9mm, PPX .40, PPS M2 9mm, and
PPQ M1 9mm!
muckaleewarrior71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2019, 04:03 PM   #5

Wiredog .22
LOL good to read the salty humor. I like it when I find something that is unsullied.

I was debating whether I would conceal carry this one since I only do OWB and wear Bowling or Hawaiian shirts in summer and a jacket in winter. Even if it is a bit bulkier I don't have to cram it in my waistband. But I think I'll leave that issue unsolved for now so I'll have an excuse to keep growing my EDC collection.
Wiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:38 PM   #6

BondsWalther .22
I love my PPX! You will find it is deadly accurate and fun to shoot! I own 9 Walthers, and use my PPX as my bedside gun. You will enjoy it and PPX mags are cheaply found.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:19 PM   #7

SCnewbie .22
Quote:
I was debating whether I would conceal carry this one .....
In case you were unfamiliar, a heads up regarding life and death situation dependability. The feed ramp on the PPX is known to come loose and cause misfeeds. Otherwise a good shooter.

A thread I started when it happened to me:

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/...ramp-argh.html
SCnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPX

Tags
ppx, ppx owner