PPS M2 Barrel Peened near feed ramp? - Page 69 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree198Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-14-2019, 03:05 PM  

Jslow .22
[QUOTE=MGMike;1190906]How could it reasonably be considered a "normal function" for two parts which ordinarily have no mechanical interaction to be violently gnashing themselves together, leaving a gouge in the barrel which ought to tell any engineer that something is not right and needs correction?

My guess is that Walther's engineers long ago identified the flaw, but management told them to ignore it. It's cheaper to declare that it's
"normal".
—————————————————————-
“And that’s why I sold my Sig p365 and have a m1 (Classic) Walther PPS and not the M2 version. Plus I like a paddle mag release. I had zero love for that p365!!”
Old 04-14-2019, 04:20 PM  

wormraper .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGMike View Post

My guess is that Walther's engineers long ago identified the flaw, but management told them to ignore it. It's cheaper to declare that it's "normal".

M
ding ding ding!!! and we have our most probable winner.

they figured it would cost more to recall and implement a fix rather than just "let it go" and fix the guns that people noticed it on (and let's be honest. This is a self defense pistol where 99% of their buyers shoot a few hundred rounds over the lifetime of owning the gun, and only us "shooters" are going to actually notice the issue.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:59 PM  

waltherbuyer .22
This issue is a real shame, I'd like a PPS but with this issue and the lack of acknowledgement of there being a problem is very disheartening and reflects negatively on Walther as whole. There is no excuse to be selling a pistol in 2019 that beats it self up if used, if something's been properly engineered it shouldn't do something like that.

Old 04-26-2019, 12:25 PM  

djim .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltherbuyer View Post
This issue is a real shame, I'd like a PPS but with this issue and the lack of acknowledgement of there being a problem is very disheartening and reflects negatively on Walther as whole.
I think I mentioned this long ago, when this issue first raised its ugly head, but it lost them future sales with me. I would have bought a PPQ M2 .45 ACP had it not been for this and the flaking barrel issue. My "combat-style" .22 LR would probably have been a PPQ 22. Instead I bought a Sig P320F for my .45 ACP and I'm looking to acquire a Taurus TX22 for the combat-style .22 LR.

The wife of one of my best friends really likes my PPS M2. My guess is that as soon as I tell them about this problem, and that Walther has taken the position it's "normal," that'll kill that idea. A colleague liked my PPS M2. After hearing about this issue, and Walther's response, he went with an S&W Shield, instead.

I suppose I have only a couple hundred rounds through my PPS M2. It hasn't yet shown any signs of having the trigger-bar-chamber-impingment problem. I'm hoping it stays that way, because it's my favourite carry piece & I'd hate to have to replace it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
carl walther ulm/do 4.5
polished barrel for walther pps m2
pps barrel peening
pps m1 peening

pps m2 barrel peening

pps m2 barrel peening 2018
striker pistol animation
walther peening
walther pps barrel peening

walther pps m2 barrel peening

walther pps m2 feed ramp
walther pps peening forum
Click on a term to search for related topics.