PPS M2 trigger pull? - Page 3 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #21

ppsm2 .22
My trigger has been phenomenal out of the box for my PPS and PPX. They both measure just a tick above what Walther specs say but that is normal for most guns. Even though it says around 6 pounds it sure feels lighter. More like 5 ish pounds. But very smooth, obvious wall, audible click, and firm reset.
ppsm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-28-2019, 06:18 AM   #22

Kempwr77 .22
I put a ghost 4.5 lb Glock 19 striker spring in, polished all the friction surfaces, polished the safety plunger, and gave it a light coat of gun grease. Trigger pull now at 5lb. The trigger pull started at around 9lbs. Now the little pistol is perfect. Swap out the striker spring for a great result. Be careful when removing the internal frame from the grip. The slide stop spring can fly out and isn’t captured. You can’t buy a replacement and will have to rely on Walther to send you one.
Kempwr77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 02:04 PM   #23

MarkS20 .22
I pulled my striker assembly and quickly wiped it down and cleaned the grooves on the bottom of the firing pin. I didn't wipe out the striker channel though. No additional lube or other extraordinary efforts were put into this. When I put it back together the trigger felt much smoother. Still a bit of crunchiness but much better. I then put the PPS aside for a bit. Picked it -checked clear - and it felt even better. I only have about 250 - 300 rounds through it.

Maybe the recall involved disassembling the striker assembly and during reassembly dirt and grit got picked up and a little wipe down is all that is needed.

Mark

Last edited by MarkS20; 10-07-2019 at 02:13 PM.
MarkS20 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #24

1942bull .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
I pulled my striker assembly and quickly wiped it down and cleaned the grooves on the bottom of the firing pin. I didn't wipe out the striker channel though. No additional lube or other extraordinary efforts were put into this. When I put it back together the trigger felt much smoother. Still a bit of crunchiness but much better. I then put the PPS aside for a bit. Picked it -checked clear - and it felt even better. I only have about 250 - 300 rounds through it.

Maybe the recall involved disassembling the striker assembly and during reassembly dirt and grit got picked up and a little wipe down is all that is needed.

Mark
Clean the striker channel. It is micro grit in it that causes the feel. Clean it until the swaps come out clean. Trim Qtips to fir easily and use a dozen of them. After that clean it where few months if you use it often.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2019, 04:32 PM   #25

MarkS20 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
Clean the striker channel. It is micro grit in it that causes the feel. Clean it until the swaps come out clean. Trim Qtips to fir easily and use a dozen of them. After that clean it where few months if you use it often.
Will do. I know you don't want to overlube the striker channel but what are the thoughts on using a dry lube in there?

Mark
MarkS20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 07:13 PM   #26

druryj .22
Dry line? I don’t. Just clean it well and shoot it. There’s no need to lube the striker channel with anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1942bull likes this.
druryj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2019, 08:50 PM   #27

1942bull .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS20 View Post
Will do. I know you don't want to overlube the striker channel but what are the thoughts on using a dry lube in there?

Mark
Mark, do not lube the striker channel with wet or dry lube. All the will do is allow any residue that gets into the channel to attach to the lube. Clean it, dry it, and reassemble it dry. After that clean it periodically. For me that means after about 500 rounds.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page
polish walther pps
polish walther pps trigger
pps m2 & trigger polish
pps m2 polish trigger
pps m2 trigger job

walther pps m2 gritty trigger

walther pps m2 trigger
walther pps m2 trigger job

walther pps m2 trigger upgrade

walther pps trigger job
walther pps trigger polish

walther pps trigger pull changed

Click on a term to search for related topics.