Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Grunt67
  • 1 Post By imaoldfart

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2019, 02:39 PM   #1

1942bull .22
PPS M2 front sight advice requested

For the first time in 60 years of using guns I find myself needing to assist my old eyes to more rapidly acquire the front sight of my PPS M2. The rear white dots sight is fine fine with me, and I seek no change there. I have never modified any of the nine EDC guns I have carried since 1972, but there is a first for everything.

I am looking for informed suggestions regarding a higher visibility front sight for the PPS M2 from someone who has actually equipped a PPS M2 with his or her recommendation. So, if you have done it, and you like it, please let me know what sight you selected. Thanks in advance.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 10-12-2019, 10:16 AM   #2
Supporting Member

Grunt67 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
For the first time in 60 years of using guns I find myself needing to assist my old eyes to more rapidly acquire the front sight of my PPS M2. The rear white dots sight is fine fine with me, and I seek no change there. I have never modified any of the nine EDC guns I have carried since 1972, but there is a first for everything.

I am looking for informed suggestions regarding a higher visibility front sight for the PPS M2 from someone who has actually equipped a PPS M2 with his or her recommendation. So, if you have done it, and you like it, please let me know what sight you selected. Thanks in advance.

Bull, what I did to solve my similar problem was to buy the PPS M2 with the RSMc red dot sight installed. So far, it's worked fine for me. My 75 yr old eyes just wold cut it with three things to focus on. Not exactly what you're inquiring about, but something to look at.
Good luck brother.
1942bull likes this.
Grunt67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 10:52 AM   #3
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Yes, the next best thing for old eyes that can't focus any more is an RMR 'red dot'. After that, I'd rate Speedsights at the top of the 'iron sight' offerings. Speedsights are MUCH easier to line up than regular ole notch and post type where you've got to judge the amount of 'air' between either side of the post and the notch. My old eyes have a really hard time trying to do that. Speedsights solve that problem.
1942bull likes this.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 10-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #4

1942bull .22
I will look into the speed sights. As for the Red Dot I do know it would be a good solution. Problem is I would have to buy the gun with the the sight and then sell my gun. I could avoid. Breaking in a new gun by just switching the slides. And smelling the old slide on the new lower. I will think about that but I have to consider the cost differences between the RMSC model original and the loss by selling the used original. Unfortunately money is a serious consideration for me.

I appreciate both of your comments.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS