Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By John E Davies
  • 1 Post By John E Davies

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2019, 06:58 PM   #1

John E Davies .22
Considering selling my original PPS 9mm

I have a very nice “Gen 1” gun that I will probably list here in the classifieds, I haven’t been in this Forum for quite a while, my gun has been in the safe for many years. I am developing arthritis and I want to get rid of it.

Are these early guns in much demand, and if I were to trade it in at a local shop, what would be a reasonable trade-in amount toward purchase of a new pistol? What is a ballpark asking price here for a pristine gun with very low round count and all original papers and box?

Are most sellers using money orders for payment, or is there a better method that is secure?

Thanks for any helpful comments. I really like this pistol, but I just can’t manipulate it any more.

John Davies
Spokane WA
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E53A15BD-7B37-440E-B889-38A549E194AA.jpg (167.9 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 3AFD0B7B-46C6-4FFA-82F5-CC34DB6B3614.jpg (173.6 KB, 21 views)
Tommyboy123 likes this.
John E Davies is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 08-21-2019, 07:34 PM   #2

Tommyboy123 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by John E Davies View Post
I have a very nice “Gen 1” gun that I will probably list here in the classifieds, I haven’t been in this Forum for quite a while, my gun has been in the safe for many years. I am developing arthritis and I want to get rid of it.

Are these early guns in much demand, and if I were to trade it in at a local shop, what would be a reasonable trade-in amount toward purchase of a new pistol? What is a ballpark asking price here for a pristine gun with very low round count and all original papers and box?

Are most sellers using money orders for payment, or is there a better method that is secure?

Thanks for any helpful comments. I really like this pistol, but I just can’t manipulate it any more.

John Davies

Spokane WA
How much?

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk
Tommyboy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 07:40 PM   #3
Supporting Member

imaoldfart .22
Hello John, I normally require a postal money order.
imaoldfart is online now   Reply With Quote

Old 08-21-2019, 08:29 PM   #4

spin40 .22
Four recent sales on the big auction site sold for $249.99 - $380. The market is soft now, so I'd try to sell it face to face to avoid commission fees and taxes. I like a USPS money order or cash if it's a F2F transaction.
spin40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 09:42 AM   #5

John E Davies .22
Thanks for the replies, I may try to sell locally first, and if no luck in a month I will list it here. I haven't yet decided on a price, maybe $350 OBO including a nearly new Minotaur hybrid IWB holster.

Of course a PM with a reasonable offer would never be rejected... But I don't want to skirt any forum rules, so forget I mentioned it.

Thanks.

John Davies
Spokane WA
Old 08-22-2019, 10:27 AM   #6

Jimbo80 .22
My experience with the G1 PPS is that it was/is not as big a seller as the G2. My shop buys used PPSs for $125 with box and papers and sells them for $200-225. With new PPSs selling retail for under $300 these days you would be lucky to find someone to pay $250 for a used gun.
Jimbo80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 08:58 PM   #7

John E Davies .22
Well, woohoo, I listed it in my local gun trader forum for $280 and it sold in 90 minutes. I have sold quite a few guns over the decades, but that is a first. Unless the buyer backs out, I am sorry to say it won’t get posted here - thanks again for the helpful comments.

John Davies
Spokane WA
spin40 likes this.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS