Pin coming out on grip. - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-17-2019, 07:26 PM  

Berner .22
Pin coming out on grip.

Iíve noticed that a small pin on the upper part of the grip seems to be out a bit. It may be slowly walking out or it may have been that way from the time I bought it new. I really canít recall. At some point, I noticed it, but it doesnít bother me while shooting.

My son has been shooting with me and he normally shoots left handed and has been experimenting right handed. This weekend he pointed out the pin and asked about it.

I had the RO to look at it and he thought it looked as if it was working itself out. Tried bumping it back in with the butt end of a large pocket knife. Didnít seem to move it at all. So, we kept shooting it.

Once home, we tried to tap it back in with a hammer and it didnít budge. So, it doesnít seem to be moving and shoots just fine without irritating our hands.

Normal, not normal? Ideas?
Old 06-17-2019, 07:50 PM  

Berner .22
Here are some pics from either side:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 47FBA8FF-1BFE-4A2F-BFD1-5C4F0692A0D6.jpg (146.0 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 647E6F9D-D76D-4BAA-B279-7E82677ACC30.jpg (178.4 KB, 24 views)
Old 06-19-2019, 08:08 AM  

Bassackwards .22
Sear pin walking out.

My PPS M2 did that after about 1000 rnds. Probably about 8 months ago. That is the sear pin walking out. The pin bit me when firing. Walther sent a return label. They replaced the sear housing, sear pin and trigger housing if I recall. The trigger had always been gritty. When I got the gun back a week after I sent it in, it had a trigger that's smooth and crisp. Free to me, but about $180 in warranty work.

I now have another couple thousand rounds through it. No more problems and the free trigger job alone was worth the hassle.

Old 06-19-2019, 04:10 PM  

1942bull .22
I would give Walther a call and resist trying to hammer the pin back in. You will begin to. blunt the pin and Walther might take that the wrong way. You really do not want to have any trigger connected component out of spec for obvious reasons. what I have read is thet Walther is quick on QC turn arounds.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
CCW Safe

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS