LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-11-2019, 02:43 PM   #11

DukeIronHand .22
Good luck!
Old 06-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #12

Scar .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
Yes, I am saying set recoil assembly at point B in your photo.

Url leads to a copy of assembly from manual and a photo of my assembly.

It seems counterintuitive compared to other guns, but here is practically no tension on the spring when it is placed correctly. It feel like it could drop out on reassembly. I think the recoil assembly may reseat itself upon reassembly slide racking. Of course since it cant be seen I am not certain.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/1cbypf5ta/

I have looked at several reviews of the PPS in recent days, thinking about buying one since they are at very good prices now at certain gun shops. One video I saw was by a lady reviewer and shooter and during her demonstration of takedown and reassembly she mentions how easily it takes down and how easy the recoil spring assembly goes back in. She starts this demonstration at about the 3 minute mark and ends about 3:59 minutes into the video.

Good luck with your PPS. I just got back from Bud's in Sevierville a few minutes ago and have one sitting on my desk. I'll clean and maybe get a chance to shoot it tomorrow if the weather isn't too nice. If the weather is really nice I'll have to take my better half cycling.

Sigh! The things we do for love.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=41&v=V5CHKI3mCis

ragg likes this.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 08:38 PM   #13

Bassackwards .22
I had some failures to load and some failures to lock back with my PPS M2 for the fist few boxes of cheaper ammo. went to 500 rnds of Win NATO and no problems at all. Now it will shoot just about anything with no issues. Pro=bably have over 5000 rounds through it now and really like the gun. Though I am shooting my VP9 long slide at the range, I still carry the PPS.
ragg likes this.
Bassackwards is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-2019, 08:18 AM   #14

Scar .22
I took my new PPS M2 to the range late Wednesday afternoon after a quick cleaning. I had limited time but ran 125 rounds through it of Blazer Brass 124 grain, IMI 124 grain and Winchester NATO 124 grain. Only issue was a failure to lock back slide on a couple of occasions in the first few magazines full. I expected this due to some videos where people rode the slide lock. I moved my right thumb ever so slightly and the problem went away and the gun functioned perfectly.

This gun is very accurate and I like the sights, trigger, grip and overall feel a lot. I fired the first few magazines sitting at the bench and using my range bag as a rest. Distance was 10 yards. The first six shots could be covered with a quarter and the seventh was a flyer about a half inch away. The LE luminous sights are great and really stand out for my aging eyes.

The trigger guard rubs the bottom of my trigger finger in dry and live fire which is an annoyance. I'll find a fix for that as these type issues are specific to a person's finger and grip.

The photos of previous posters which show the recoil spring in the "B" position are correct.

I need another single stack 9mm like I need a hole in the head, but I've always admired the PPS M2 and so far am not disappointed. I chose it over the Shield and hope it was the right choice.

OP, good luck with your issue and your PPS M2.
1942bull and ragg like this.
Scar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2019, 10:39 PM   #15

new2ccw .22
I had a similar experience to Bassackward's report.

I had a few bobbles in the first 400 or so rounds through the pistol. Some were user error, such as riding the slide lock or not seating the magazine firmly enough. I do think that a few of the malfunctions were a result of how tightly sprung the gun is. The 115gr light target loads just didn't have enough power to reliably cycle the thing. At some point I put some hotter defensive loads through it (147gr HST, and I think 124gr Gold Dots) and it broke in. No malfunctions at all in over 2000 rounds since, which includes all sorts of different ammo (124gr and 147 HST, 124gr Gold Dot, 147gr Sig V-crown, WWB 115gr, Fiocchi 115gr CMJ, Federal 115gr Red Box Target load). For how small the thing is, it really is a remarkable little pistol. It is my only single stack 9, and I see no reason to purchase another one despite the hype around some newer offerings like the Sig P365. The PPS is, in my opinion, a safer bet as far as reliability goes, at least for another year or so. The 365 just hasn't been around long enough. The build quality, handling, and functionality of the PPS is superior to every other single stack 9 that I tried when searching for a wonder nine. That list includes the G43, Shield, XDM (I had to use it as a surrogate for the XDS), Kahr PM9, Beretta Nano (well made like all Beretta's, but stiff trigger and unconventional controls were not for me).

Rest assured, the PPS is an amazing little pistol.
new2ccw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 05:27 PM   #16

ragg .22
OP here again - I finally found time to go to the range this past Thursday...work had been hectic for the past couple of weeks :S

As several recommended, I cleaned and reassembled putting the spring to the 'B' position. Shot 150+ rounds of 115 gr FMJ and saw no issues at all !! Man, I really like this gun, it's comfortable and accurate in hand. My only wish is that it had a larger capacity - yes I know there's an 8-rd mag but seems like it will be more difficult to conceal than the 7-rd which for me, prints a little bit at 4 o'clock. The 6-rd mag just doesn't work for my large hands.

I'm encouraged to hear the good reliability accounts on this pistol, gives me further confidence that I made the right choice for concealed carry

Thanks everyone for the help !
Grunt67, Scar, alfonse and 1 others like this.
ragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 06:35 AM   #17

1942bull .22
@ragg, glad to read that it worked out well. It is a fantastic gun. I like it better than any gun I have owned and that means six others. Re the capacity, do not focus on it. The seven rounds will do it. I carried a M1911 in Nam for 2 years. As a combat photographer it was my primary weapon. Standard ammo carry was 7 in the pistol plus two mags of 7 each. You learned to switch out mags fast. It is actually easy to do with a bit of practice. I carry two extra 7 round mags so I have 7+ 1 + 14. I fell very secure with 22 rounds. Single stack mags are easy to carry. And the gun is more easily concealed. Happy shooting.
Scar likes this.

Memberships:
Gun Owners of America
Second Amendment Foundation
Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime
CCW Safe

"There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim." General (retired) James Mattis.
1942bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 10:29 PM   #18

ragg .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
@ragg, glad to read that it worked out well. It is a fantastic gun. I like it better than any gun I have owned and that means six others. Re the capacity, do not focus on it. The seven rounds will do it. I carried a M1911 in Nam for 2 years. As a combat photographer it was my primary weapon. Standard ammo carry was 7 in the pistol plus two mags of 7 each. You learned to switch out mags fast. It is actually easy to do with a bit of practice. I carry two extra 7 round mags so I have 7+ 1 + 14. I fell very secure with 22 rounds. Single stack mags are easy to carry. And the gun is more easily concealed. Happy shooting.
very true, thanks for the advice !
ragg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:20 AM   #19
Supporting Member

Grunt67 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragg View Post
OP here again - I finally found time to go to the range this past Thursday...work had been hectic for the past couple of weeks :S

As several recommended, I cleaned and reassembled putting the spring to the 'B' position. Shot 150+ rounds of 115 gr FMJ and saw no issues at all !! Man, I really like this gun, it's comfortable and accurate in hand. My only wish is that it had a larger capacity - yes I know there's an 8-rd mag but seems like it will be more difficult to conceal than the 7-rd which for me, prints a little bit at 4 o'clock. The 6-rd mag just doesn't work for my large hands.

I'm encouraged to hear the good reliability accounts on this pistol, gives me further confidence that I made the right choice for concealed carry

Ragg, I carry with the 8rd. mag all the time, with no issues. Guess it depends on your method of carry. When I carry concealed ( which is 99% of the time ), I carry with the shirt tail out, in warm weather, and with a jacket in cold weather. Works for me. Also, wear a t-shirt underneath the shirt.

Enjoy your new PPS M2.
Grunt67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 10:39 AM   #20

Jimmo952 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ragg View Post

I agree ragg. The 7 round mag seems to be the sweet spot. 7 in the mag and 1 in the pipe isn't bad. Still...it would be great to see Walther do the stack and a half thing like the G43x and give us a 10 round gun with the slide profile of the PPS. We can dream right?
Jimmo952 is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS