Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Kar98
  • 1 Post By 381465

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2019, 06:02 PM   #1

FelixWankel .22
mags getting caught up when inserting

Is it normal on a new PPS M2 for the magazines to kind of get caught up when inserted about halfway into the gun? I have a brand new pps m2 so it hasn't been broken in yet (maybe gets better with use?). I own a lot of handguns and have never had one do this before. If you insert the mags fast, you don't notice it (much) and they lock into place normally but when inserting mags slower, they feel like they are getting caught up about half way into the gun as I feel them get caught on something, then I push a little harder and they go in.
FelixWankel is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 05-01-2019, 06:16 PM   #2

Kar98 .22
Sounds like you're noticing the magazine catch. Does that "hang up" go away if you push in the magazine release button as you insert the mag?
FelixWankel likes this.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 07:51 AM   #3

381465 .22
Mine "hangs up" when the top of the mag lip contacts the mag catch.
Some of my pistols do it and some don't.
FelixWankel likes this.
381465 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-02-2019, 11:38 PM   #4

FelixWankel .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Sounds like you're noticing the magazine catch. Does that "hang up" go away if you push in the magazine release button as you insert the mag?
Thanks for the replies. I'll try to do this on it tomorrow if I remember and reply with the results.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:16 AM   #5

FelixWankel .22
Quote:
YES! The hang up goes away if I push in the magazine release button while inserting the mag... so it is the magazine catch. Is this common on the PPS m2? Is it a concern? I'm getting ready to ship the gun off for the recall work... maybe I should write walther a note in the box so they will take a look at it?

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 381465 View Post
Mine "hangs up" when the top of the mag lip contacts the mag catch.
Some of my pistols do it and some don't.
Thanks, this is what it is, I've never had it happen on a pistol before so was a little concerned. Does this go away once I get some rounds downrange? This is a new gun that hasn't been shot.

Last edited by FelixWankel; 05-06-2019 at 11:31 AM.
Old 05-06-2019, 11:38 AM   #6

Kar98 .22
Like it was said in this thread, some of my guns do it in varying degrees, some don't. Doesn't bother me. Either I'll insert the mag swiftly enough that it goes right past the catch, or I push the button in a little where applicable (I also have guns with trigger guard mag releases, and some with the heel catch).
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2019, 08:45 PM   #7

FelixWankel .22
Quote:
Like it was said in this thread, some of my guns do it in varying degrees, some don't. Doesn't bother me. Either I'll insert the mag swiftly enough that it goes right past the catch, or I push the button in a little where applicable (I also have guns with trigger guard mag releases, and some with the heel catch).
Thanks for the info!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS