Why hasn't the PPS gained the popularity of the Shield? - Page 5 - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree16Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2019, 05:45 PM   #41

Pipehitr .22
I tell all my friends the same thing when they ask about a CCW pistol. Shield PPS M2, G43 or Sig 365. The 365 is last because of the price, over 500.00 out the door, the G43 even with my LEO discount is 395.00 out the door, the shield 1.0 and the PPS are tied at less than 300.00 if you buy online. The shield has one advantage, the mags are 20.00 all day long where as the PPS mags are 35.00 on average. I can never decide which I like more, so I have one of each shield and PPS M2. The PPS feels better in my small hands, but the shield trigger feels smoother, to me at least. At 299.00 out the door, cannot go wrong with either one !
Old 07-21-2019, 11:51 PM   #42

mister.wolf .22
Guten Tag pipehitr,
everytime I read about US gun prices, I could start crying...
In Germany they are much more expensive, even the German made ones!
The PPS M2 is around 750€ (820$), the P365 costs minimum 800€ (900$).
Trying to find extra mags for my P99 for under 50$ made me buy two used ones for 30$ each.
OK, our prices always include the sales tax, but the difference is still enormous.
Glock mags to hit once !"
mister.wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 06:45 AM   #43

Kar98 .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mister.wolf View Post
Guten Tag pipehitr,
everytime I read about US gun prices, I could start crying...
In Germany they are much more expensive, even the German made ones!
The PPS M2 is around 750 (820$), the P365 costs minimum 800 (900$).
Trying to find extra mags for my P99 for under 50$ made me buy two used ones for 30$ each.
OK, our prices always include the sales tax, but the difference is still enormous.

Yeah but at least you can get PPK's for cheap. Also, there are many ways around not paying sales tax here, and if I DO have to pay it, it's 8.25% here in Texas.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #44

bayern .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Yeah but at least you can get PPK's for cheap. Also, there are many ways around not paying sales tax here, and if I DO have to pay it, it's 8.25% here in Texas.

In Germany, you pay an "Add On" tax or VAT. About 19%
Kimber 1911 Ultra, .45; Kimber 1911 Ultra SS 9mm
HK USP .45 cal; Sig P290RS, 9mm;
Ruger 1911 CMD. 45 cal; Ruger SR .22
Colt Combat Commander. 45 cal; Kahr E9. 9mm
and a
12 gauge SHOCKWAVE
CZ Scorpion EVO Carbine,
Ruger Target Mod IV,
.....and a Partridge in a Pear Tree
bayern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 06:52 PM   #45

matquig .22
S&W probably enjoys about ten times the sales of Walther in the US, and the Shield received great marketing and a real boost from a low price and subsequent "rebate" promotion for several years recently. It is no wonder that it blew past the PPS, be it M1 or M2, in the last few years. Simple price and marketing, with both of them being very similar in size and power.
matquig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 05:44 PM   #46

Nomer .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by river251 View Post
I am new to pistols and chose a PPS M2 because it felt great in my hand. However, I now realize it has not captured the market or interest that the Shield has. There are limited sights and holsters, and no triggers or trigger modifiers, mag extensions, and generally not much available for the PPS. The Shield, and the M&Ps overall, seem to have captured "the alternative to Glock" niche, which is huge, and results in lots of aftermarket upgrades, parts, modifiers, etc.

The PPS seems like a higher quality, smoother shooting, better pistol Why do you think they have failed to capture the market that the Shield has?

The Active Self Protection guy, John, had a poll and about 2/3 - 3/4 carried Glock, and the rest carried M&P, except everything else amounted to 5%. This reflects what I see on the internet.

Thank you for your thoughts, I'm quite baffled by this.

Jim
If you're feeling inadequate about your choice of pistol and you want to go with the crowd, just buy a Glock. Ugh! the thought of it. Clearly you are a rugged individualist who chose the best available pistol for you. Everybody has their reasons.

Personally I can't figure out why anyone would buy a brand new PPS when there are so many beautiful PPK's out there. I guess they want to be like everybody else and own one of those new fangled plastic guns. Go Figure.

(Satire and Sarcasm, LOL)
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM   #47

CoachT .22
For me, it’s strictly a concealed carry pistol. The only accessories it really needs is better night sights and a good holster. Trigger is outstanding and it’s extremely accurate and reliable. I researched the Glock, Ruger, and S&W and chose the PPS
CoachT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:54 PM   #48

WiseguyDS .22
I carried my Shield for years. Tried the PPS and absolutely fell in love with it. The only mod was substituting the plastic guide rod for the metal unit and the recoil just improved even further. Never a failure. True to aim. Ergonomics are so much better than the Shield. As far as a holster, the Clinger is exactly what I need. I’m not going back to Shield any foreseeable time. And what’s better? The price of the PPS is unbelievable for the quality, accuracy and operation. I’m very satisfied and rarely EDC anything else now.
WiseguyDS is online now   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS