PPS M2 w/XS F8 NIGHT SIGHTS - WaltherForums
WaltherForums

Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2018, 12:58 PM   #1

mrnoyb .22
PPS M2 w/XS F8 NIGHT SIGHTS

I would appreciate any current owners commenting as to whether or not you would recommend purchasing this model.

I've decided on acquiring a PPS M2 and need to decide which model to purchase.

Thanks in advance for any responses.
mrnoyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Register
Old 09-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #2

elde .22
These sights are relatively new on the market. I have a set coming from Midway & will post my experience with them once installed & tested. BTW, they sell for $127.80 @ Midway.
elde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 03:17 PM   #3

Sunman98 .22
I bought a non-night sight model and replaced them with meprolights. Would have preferred to be able to buy it that way. I think the XS sights have a sharp angle so you can rack on handed where as the meprolights are rounded. Do you want smooth snag free design or the ability to rack one handed?
Sunman98 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-19-2018, 04:58 PM   #4

Holzauge .22
I'm not too impressed with the XS sights. I tried to use the Big Dot set on my PPS M2 and I found that the mounting system was the weak point. The rear sight slides freely into the dovetail on the PPS, and the only thing holding it into the groove is a tiny set screw. It was never enough to keep the rear sight in place during test firing and sighting in. The rear sight just flew off. Tutorial videos from XS with the Walther PPS steered you toward Loctiting the rear sight into place. I seem to remember another video with the F8 sights that pretty much told you to do the same thing.

I don't like a rear sight that has to be, in effect, glued into place. Anything XS has for the PPS to me isn't very well designed.

Don

Here's the link:

Last edited by Holzauge; 09-19-2018 at 05:01 PM.
Holzauge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 07:44 PM   #5

mrnoyb .22
The best option may be the base model with the factory metal 3 dot sights and upgrade later.

After reading several forum posts it seems a bigger issue may be the barrel peening. I may need to move up to a PPQ SC.

Thanks for all the feedback.
Old 09-20-2018, 11:15 PM   #6

WiseguyDS .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnoyb View Post
The best option may be the base model with the factory metal 3 dot sights and upgrade later.

After reading several forum posts it seems a bigger issue may be the barrel peening. I may need to move up to a PPQ SC.

Thanks for all the feedback.
It appears the barrel peen issue is abating. I have a new gun and the peen is only about 2mm unlike earlier models. Look for the recent post here and you’ll see photos. Peening doesn’t appear to be much of a problem any more but YMMV.

Best of luck!
WiseguyDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:46 AM   #7

socrates007 .22
My PPS M2 has around 1200 rounds through it with zero peening. I think the peening issue is very small compared to the total number of PPS M2s sold. Even some who report the peening issue, say it is very small and that it doesn't get worse after a point.
socrates007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 06:37 PM   #8

gruntjim6 .22
F8's

My P99 and PPS both have the F8 set mounted.

My findings:

Loctite is your friend, when paired with the set screws.

The proper sight picture is drive the dot, regardless of ammo used.

The PPS is extremely accurate, and reliable, across a wide spectrum of carry ammo.

I've shot most of the subcompact nines, and I find the PPS to have the least felt recoil, and the best shot to shot recovery.
socrates007 likes this.
gruntjim6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:58 PM   #9

mrnoyb .22
Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates007 View Post
My PPS M2 has around 1200 rounds through it with zero peening. I think the peening issue is very small compared to the total number of PPS M2s sold. Even some who report the peening issue, say it is very small and that it doesn't get worse after a point.
'Good to know. I would prefer sticking with the PPS. Thanks.
Old 10-10-2019, 05:56 PM   #10

Wbell417 .22
Exclamation XS F8 sight for Walther PPS M2

I purchased a Walther PPS M2 with the XS F8 night sight and I do not recommend it for this handgun. In the last 5 months the rear sight came loose three times. The only think that holds it in place are two tiny set screws that do not have the ability to keep it in place. If Walther will not do anything about this, since it came with the gun, I will look at selling the gun. Do not purchase these sights.
Wbell417 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   WaltherForums > Walther Firearms > PPS

Search tags for this page

https://www.waltherforums.com/forum/pps/112350-pps-m2-w-xs-f8-night-sights.html

ppq m2 9mm w/xs f8 night sights
pps m2 w/xs f8 night sights

replacement sights for walther ppsm2

reviews on walther pps m2 with xs f8 night sights
walther ppq m2 wxs f8 night sights 4 barrel
walther pps m2 9mm with xs f8 night sights

walther pps m2 sight upgrade

walther pps m2 xs f8 sights
xs sight pps m2
Click on a term to search for related topics.